These Slow Cooker Chicken Wings are cooked to perfection then covered with BBQ sauce and browned in the oven until they're crispy!
Oh, sweet mother of slow cooker chicken wings. These little beauties are going to knock your socks off.
Seriously, people. I'd pat myself on the back but my hands are covered in barbecue sauce.
Ah, screw it, I'm throwing caution to the wind, and my shirt in the trash. Some days you just have to congratulate your dang self.
I know we all love our slow cookers however some folks hate that they don't make meat crispy. It's a valid point.
So, I'll let you in on a little secret. This girl uses her oven for just a few minutes at the end to crisp things up.
Yes, it clearly means you will have a few more dishes but who the heck cares when you're eating meals like this one.
Suck it up buttercup. Do the extra dishes and get your crisp on. Better yet, make your hubby or kids do the dishes.
I mean, that is why we keep them around right? For errands and dishes.
No? Just me then!
Now, if you really don't actually want to turn on your oven you can always crisp these on the grill. It's easy to do.
In fact, grills are your friend. Your very hot friend. So, proceed with caution and wear some cute oven mitts.
Honestly, you can totally do all of this in the slow cooker if you like but to tell the truth, the skin won't be crispy.
They will be good but in all honesty, you won't get the crispy skin you would with an oven or grill. Again, still yummy, just not caramelized.
Hope you make try them!
More Slow Cooker Recipes:
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Manly Meaty Chili
- Hawaiian Pulled Pork
- Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Zesty Hamburger Soup
- Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
- Short Rib Ragu
- Slow Cooker Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- Place the wings in your slow cooker.
- Pour root beer inside.
- Pour half the barbecue sauce over top. Set the remaining sauce aside for later.
- Turn slow cooker on. You can cook these on low for 4 to 5 hours, or on high for 2 to 2 ½ hours.
- Turn slow cooker off.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Remove the wings and lay on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Brush the remaining barbecue sauce over top of the wings.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar over top.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove and carefully plate using tongs.
- Serve with a big old messy smile!
Thanks for visiting today!