This S'mores Popcorn is incredibly easy to make and is packed with chocolate, marshmallows and graham crackers. It's the perfect sweet treat!
If you love popcorn and snacks as much as I do, this S'mores Popcorn is perfection for you!
Happy Thanksgiving Monday to all my Canuck friends and family. Hope you are still eating yourselves silly today.
It's the one weekend you can eat like a linebacker and get away with it. So, enjoy it while it lasts. You know tomorrow is going to be all about a lot of us stepping on the scale and screaming.
Our American friends will hear the collective gasps of horror and know their time is coming. Won't be long till we'll hear their screams next month.
Today is The Secret Recipe Club reveal. This month I was assigned a fabulous blog called The Weekend Gourmet.
I was thrilled to get Wendy's blog. We also belong to Sunday Supper together so I was thrilled to see her name in my inbox. I just knew I was going to find tons of cool recipes to pull from.
She is a powerhouse in the kitchen and cooks up meals and snacks and ice cream.
I knew immediately the s'mores had to be made. Such a cool idea. You know me and popcorn. It's a huge love of mine. Like stalker kind of love. Like lock me up and throw away the key kind of love.
More Popcorn Recipes:
- Turtle Popcorn
- Parmesan Popcorn
- Rootbeer Popcorn
- Turtle Popcorn Gone Wild
- Pink Popcorn
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
- Turtle Tailgate Mix
- Chocolate Cake Popcorn
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
- Pop your popcorn ahead of time. I do mine old school on the stove. Take a large stockpot and pour vegetable or canola oil in the bottom so it covers the bottom of the pot. Turn on medium heat and let the oil get hot. Drop 1 cup of kernels into the stockpot, let them warm up without the lid for a little bit. Don't walk away of you'll have popcorn everywhere. Every now and again give the pot a little shake. Once the first kernel pops place the lid on the pot. Turn the heat down one notch. Allow it to pop like crazy. Right at the point it starts to slow down take it off the heat and allow the rest to pop. It helps to give it a shake now and again. Keeps it from burning, as does taking it off the heat towards the end.
- Now take 10 cups of popped popcorn and transfer it to parchment lined cookie sheets. You'll likely need two.
- Melt 8 ounces of milk chocolate and 2 tablespoons of butter in the microwave for about 1 to 1 and ½ minutes. Stir every 30 seconds. Drizzle over the popcorn.
- Pour half of your mallow bits over top.
- Take half of your graham bits and toss over top.
- Now repeat with the second half of everything. So repeat the chocolate step, the mallow step and the graham step. This just layers it nicely. You could just do it all at one time if you like. Stir it up really well.
- Toss the chunky pieces of chocolate over top so it sticks to the melty chocolate.
- Pop it in the fridge to allow it to set up. You can also leave it out on the counter to dry up a bit but it takes longer.
- Serve with a big old I Miss Summer smile!
Thanks for visiting today!