I may have just made the easiest dessert on the face of the planet. It’s easy, it’s cute and it took about 5 to 10 minutes to whip up.
I know it’s super impressive right. Pfft!
These were born out of sheer necessity. I joined a group of bloggers to do a St. Patrick’s Day Group Post, then proceeded to get the flu. I had planned to make something else, but after not having been to the grocery store in 10 days the pantry had slim pickings. I still wasn’t ready to go shopping at the time I needed to get the photo ready so I had to get creative, and quick. So this is what happens when I have the flu but I still want snackies in the house for the family.
Cute, fun, easy, and green for St. Patrick’s Day. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup graham crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 package of pistachio pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whipping cream I used cool whip
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- optional- crushed or chopped pistachios
In a small bowl mix the graham crumbs and melted butter. Press into cups.Tamp down. The bottom end of a honey dripper works really well.
Mix all three ingredients in a stand mixer (or hand mixer and bowl) until fluffy. Transfer to a piping bag and pipe into cups.
Put you whipping cream in a piping bag and pipe over top of the mousse.
Top with pistachios if desired.
Place in the fridge for about 2 to 4 hours to chill well.
Serve with a big old luck of the Irish smile!
I would like to invite you all to visit all the other lovely bloggers who participated in this St. Patrick’s Day Event. They whipped up some wickedly good Irish and Green recipes for you. Thanks to Jen of Jen’s Favorite Cookies for organizing this. She did a wonderful job.
1. Key Lime Pound Cake by Joan at Chocolate Chocolate & More
2. Mini Banoffee Pie Tarts by Kelly at Kelly Bakes
3. Chocolate Bailey’s Mousse Tart from Nancy at Gotta Get Baked
4. Irish Carbomb Cupcakes from Susan at Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
5. Pistachio Caramel Cookies from Jen at Jen’s Favorite Cookies
6. Guinness Stout Mini Bundt Cake from Shanna at Pineapple and Coconut
7. Irish Cheese and Bacon Cheesecake with Walnut Crust by Carla at Chocolate Moosey
8. Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheese Trifle from Anita at Hungry Couple NYC
9. Key Lime Pie Ice Cream from Renee at Magnolia Days
10. Pistachio Mousse Cups from Kim at Cravings of a Lunatic
11. Irish Eggs Benedict from Isabelle Crumb Blog
12. St. Patrick’s Day Cookie Stack from Angie at Big Bears Wife
13. Guinness Chocolate Cake from Jen at Juanita’s Cocina
14. Irish Potato Oatmeal Bread from Sarah at What Smells So Good
I am so thankful the flu is over and I’m back in the kitchen. Super excited to share normal recipes with you again. Yah for being healthy again. Bring on the baking!! That makes total sense in blogger speak, trust me.
Toodles and smoochies! xx