Turtle Popcorn

Wonderful easy, and quick chocolate popcorn recipe. Great for snacking on for parties, movies or game day. You’re going to love this one.

Turtle Popcorn | Super easy to make and absolutely perfect for late night snacking.
Okay let’s all sing along now….

“MMM I Love Turtles!”

Okay for those of you living under a rock, or who don’t often read my blog (why the h…e …double hockey sticks have you not been reading??) Turtles are a very special treat here in Canada. They are little chocolate delights that will drive you to madness. Well, maybe not you. But me clearly!

So first I did this:

Turtle Bark | Cravings of a Lunatic | #turtles #candy #chocolate #bark #caramel #pecans #snacks

Turtle Bark: Click Photo for the Recipe!

Then I did this:

Turtle Ice Cream | Cravings of a Lunatic | #turtles #chocolate #icecream #dessert #frozendesserts

Turtle Ice Cream: Click Photo for the Recipe!

Then I took that and did this:

Turtle Banana Split | Cravings of a Lunatic | #turtles #icecream #bananasplit #chocolate

Turtle Banana Split: Click Photo for the Recipe!

That still was not enough so I did this:

Turtle Ice Cream Pie | Cravings of a Lunatic | #chocolate #turtles #icecream #caramel

Turtle Ice Cream Pie: Click Photo for the Recipe!

Then I clearly crossed over to the dark side and did this:

Turtle Popcorn | Cravings of a Lunatic | #chocolate #turtles #popcorn #candy #snacks #tailgate #footballfood #gameday

And sadly there is more to come. I have another one ready to shock you with already. Clearly….issues….I need a Turtle intervention. Just wait until I post the next one, then you all can commit me. But you’re gonna wanna see that one first. It will blow your socks right off! Not just rock ‘em. Blow them clear off!

Okay so this one is Paula Deen’s recipe. I saw it eons ago in a magazine I bought called Paula Deen’s Chocolate Celebration. I’ve had this magazine since 2008 and have finally started to delve into it. This one obviously caught my eye. I mean my love of Turtles dates back to when I was a wee little Lunatic. I made this and I have to say it is really good. I mean REALLY good. Yet me being the Lunatic that I am had to revamp it. But you won’t see that until tomorrow. Sorry. For now let’s enjoy this one. Cuz it’s yummy. And naughty. And just a bit bad ass!

Turtle Popcorn

Prep Time: 20 minutes

Cook Time: 20 minutes

Total Time: 40 minutes

Yield: 6 quarts

A wonderful recipe for chocolate coated popcorn.

• 6 quarts (24 cups) of popped popcorn
  • 1 cup of butter
  • 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup corn syrup
  • 6 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla salt
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

• Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
  • Pop your popcorn. I did mine on the stove old school style!
  • Place your popcorn in a large roasting pan.
  • Now in a large saucepan combine your butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
  • Over medium-high heat bring this mixture to a boil. Keep it at a boil for about 5 minutes.
  • Now remove it from the heat and stir in the chocolate, vanilla salt and vanilla.
  • Let it stand until the chocolate melts. Stir it occasionally.
  • Once it is melted stir until smooth.
  • Now pour this over your popcorn, toss it gently with a wooden spoon to coat it all evenly.
  • Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
  • Remove from oven and transfer popcorn to parchment paper to let it cool down.
  • Serve with a smile.

Recipe Source: Paula Deen Chocolate Celebration Magazine 2008

You can use regular salt in this recipe, or you can make Vanilla Salt

Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin

Note: Stores for up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.

I sure hope it was worth the wait. I know I have been teasing you with this one for awhile. I shall go on teasing you another day cuz I made this even better. But you’re just going to have to wait another day to see how I did that. Watch out Paula, I’m after your job!!!

*giggles uncontrollably and grabs a bowl of Lunatic Turtle Popcorn*

Comments

Katherine Martinelli says:

Oh man, I love all your turtle recipes and your popcorn recipes! Sorry, I won't be the one to stage an intervention – I want it to keep coming!

I can't wait to try this. It looks very simple to try:) My family will love it :)

overtimecook.com says:

Oh wow. That looks absolutely sinful. Popcorn is probably my second favorite food, after chocolate. Combine the two and I'm in heaven.

Pegasuslegend says:

Well this is right up my alley, I bought five boxes of Harry and David around the holiday at 8.00 a box so this one is a keeper love it! YUM!!!! Happy Valentines Day cant wait to make this one!

Lola velasco says:

Fantástico!

Cake Duchess says:

I have that same Paula Deen mag and you reminded me to look at it again;)This is fabulous and so are you:)Happy Valentine's Day, love. xo

The Mom Chef says:

Yeah, I hear you on the Turtle thing and have been avidly following each and every thing you make. I just bought a new jar of popcorn so, who knows what will happen here with it. :)

Just one suggestion. Turtle cheesecake. I'd be yours for life.

Ah-the wait is over, I have been on the lookout since you mentioned it last post! The turtle thing is just an example of good taste-not an affliction. All these links tell me you take very good care of turtles!

Lacy @ NYCityEats says:

Yum! You're one turtle lovin lunatic! ;) This sounds incredible, chocolate on popcorn?! Yes Please!

Oh YUM – with being 40 wks pregnant i could eat any of these right now for V-day breakfast morning :) They all look wonderful!

Jill @ MadAboutMacarons says:

I haven't even had turtles and I'm already going mad for them, Kim. All of your turtle recipes look super!

Dara Reppucci says:

Kim – you need a 12 step program for your turtle addiction. This looks v. tasty – Happy V Day!

Anita at Hungry Couple says:

I'm sorry, did you say this stores for 2 weeks? I'm guessing only if it's well hidden :) This reminds me of Harry & David's Moose Munch which I used to enjoy before I started walking around with thousands of dollars in dental work. Happy Valentine's Day!

I am waiting with baited breath to see your next Turtle creation. If I know the way these addictions go, I know that you won't stop with one more….there will be one and then another…until you have enough to fill a book: Turtle Girl Gone Wild featuring turtle fruit salad, turtle cheesecake in a jar, turtle milkshakes, turtle covered pretzels…oh yeah, I know it's coming ;-)

Jackie @ Domestic Fits says:

I think you need to buy the domain: turtlelunatic.com before someone else does!

Grubarazzi says:

Oh lawwwwd. I can't contain myself!

Jenn Kendall says:

this looks delicious!! i want some right now :)

janet@fromcupcakestocaviar says:

*Takes all your Turtles and this popcorn under the guise of an intervention*

"Yep (she mumbles with chocolate, popcorn and pecans falling out of her mouth), it's all for your sake twin… cause I loveses you"

Again with the popcorn! Is this your way of apologizing for the turtle ice cream cake temptation? ;) The wife would devour this!

Adam @unorthodoxepicure says:

Let me just say that you are much more than a 'bit bad ass.' You are the epitome of badassery. Period.

The Harried Cook says:

And I thought I was bad with my Red Velvet madness… I think I am catching Turtle fever now… I want all these things. and NOW! Pretty please? Send me some? And I can't wait for the next Turtle treat..

Magic of Spice says:

Oh my goodness, everything is just amazing!
    Happy Valentines Day!

Happy When Not Hungry says:

WOW all your turtle recipes look amazing and are making my mouth water. I def am trying this turtle popcorn. I will probably eat the entire batch and love every minute of it!

CouponClippingCook says:

I would eat ALL of this turtle popcorn in one sitting. It looks absolutely delicious. It's late in the evening now and I know I'll probably dream about this tonight.

Choc Chip Uru says:

This is one of the most decadent popcorn recipes in the world. I need it. Now. :D

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru
    Latest: Healthiest Natural Sugars Muesli Bars

FABULOUS!!! You've worked your magic again!!!!

{Epicurean Mom} says:

I've died and gone to heaven!! ALL of these recipes look SO good!! I LOVE TURTLES! I caoul actually bathe in them! ;-)

Asian-spice mix says:

I can't stop eating this popcorn for sure until the end of movie,,Lol,,looks sweet and Yummy :)
    Ridwan

christina @ ovenadventures says:

i love Turtles! this is making me very hungry

I like a good turtle, but you are the turtle expert! I look forward to seeing what you make next.

Thanks Katherine. Put on some stretchy pants cuz there's another one posted now. Lol!

You must try. Super simple. And delicious!

Thanks. It is so good. Yet somehow I tweaked it again and made it even better. New popcorn is up now. Lol!

Oh yummy, that's some nice stuff. I was lucky and got about 5 boxes for Christmas. I thought it would last forever. It so did not. Hope you try it Claudia. xx

Thank you!

You must pull it out. There are some killer good recipes in it. And thanks, I got all blushy and stuff. Hope your V-Day was sheer perfection.

Thanks. They are so good. I cannot get enough. Although I thought you weren't a huge chocolate fan. I am all over the cheesecake. I think that one is next in line. It's like a sickness now. I can't stop.

Thanks Tina. FYI the new tweaked super Turtle version is out too.

Lol, thanks. I think I need help. I have crossed over to the dark side.

You should bring some to the hospital and hand it out instead of cigars. Lol. Look forward to your new family member. Very cool!

I must send you some. I have to find out about food shipping for a project anyway so I'll see if there allowed to be shipped and send you a box. SO good Jill. Of course your Paris taste might find the chocolate not up to snuff. I'm sure the chocolate there is far superior.

Lol I know right. And it continues. I need help.

Roflmao, I don't think it would last that long in most houses. I have never heard of Harry & David Moose Munch. Being a Canuck blows some times. Except for Turtles. Cuz we rock there.

Lol I now have more ideas to conjure up thanks to your suggestions. It may never end. It's too much fun.

I fell down laughing when I read that. SO funny!

Lol. Me either!

Thanks so much.

I loveses you too but hand it back over before I go all ninja on you twin. Or we could share. *pulls up a comfy two seater sofa, flips on a movie*

Lol, I am in a turtle coma right now. I may need to seek help soon. You must make this for wifey!

Lol, I am putting that on my business cards. Um, when I get business cards.

*grins*

The next one is up. It's this gone wild and is SOOOO good. I can't stop eating it. It's over the top yummy!

Thank you so much. Hope you had a terrific V- Day as well.

Thank you so much. This is good. The new one is wonderful.

Lol, pretty much what I did today. In a nutshell.

Lol, thanks. It's pretty darn good.

Aw, thanks Mama Liz. I am stocking up the snacks for the commune.

Lol, they really are THAT good right. I am glad I am not the only one. They are so delish.

Thanks Ridwan. It is really good.

Thank you so much.

Lol thanks. The new amped up version is on the blog now. I went a little nuts.

Mmmmm. Yummy. I just made a Jen version for the boys when they get home from school. Melted down a couple of mars bars & some butter, then added a little vanilla & some Nutella. Then mixed that into the popcorn & cooked it!!!

Mmmmm… Yum idea Kim! I just made a Jen version for the boys when they get home from school. I melted down a couple of mars bars & some butter. Then added some vanilla and a couple of spoons of Nutella. Then baked it in the oven!!! Fab!

Addition and amendment to previous note…. Did you 200 deg mean Fahrenheit? I had mine at Celsius & just had to go rescue it from burning… I mean, pull the burnt bits off the top. The rest underneath is still good though… Good thing I made lots!

Anita at Hungry Couple says:

Nothing better than chocolate in way, shape or form….YUM!!!!

1. [...] these little beauties by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic…. or these ones . How about this melt in your mouth version by the gorgeous ladies of Blue Eyed Bakers!! And we [...]

2. [...] Turtle Popcorn Toodles and smoochies. xx Share this:FacebookStumbleUpon Filed Under: Cravings of a Lunatic, Desserts, Frozen Treats, Ice Cream Tagged With: chocolate, chocolate ice cream, ice cream pie, turtle ice cream, turtle recipes, turtles candy recipes, turtles ice cream pie Next PostOld Fashioned Pink PopcornPrevious PostMini Pulled Beef and Shallot Sandwiches [...]

3. [...] Toodles and smoochies! xx Share this:FacebookStumbleUpon Filed Under: Candy, Chocolate, Desserts, Popcorn, Snacks, Turtles Tagged With: caramel recipes, chocolate, flavored popcorn, popcorn, turtle recipes, turtles candy recipes, turtles popcorn Next PostHold on to your hats Lunatic fans!Previous PostTurtle Popcorn [...]

4. [...] Turtle Popcorn, Turtle Popcorn Gone Wild, Pink Popcorn, Reese’s Popcorn, S’mores Popcorn, Turtle Tailgate Mix, Chocolate Cake Popcorn and now finally I give you RED VELVET POPCORN.  Seriously I think I need an intervention. Someone send the popcorn police. Just wait about 10 minutes so I can finish eating this batch though, m’kay. [...]

5. [...] Sneak peek at the next post, Turtle Popcorn: [...]

6. [...] for Crust Turtle Cheesecake Fudge from Inside Brucrew Chocolate Turtle Cookies from Pixelated Crumb Turtle Popcorn from Cravings of a [...]

7. […] much her mire poix. She will Turtle-ize anything she can get her mitts on: hand pies, French toast, popcorn–you name it. She loves turtles so much that she has a whole category in her recipe index just […]