Wonderful easy, and quick chocolate popcorn recipe. Great for snacking on for parties, movies or game day. You’re going to love this one.
“MMM I Love Turtles!”
Okay for those of you living under a rock, or who don’t often read my blog (why the h…e …double hockey sticks have you not been reading??) Turtles are a very special treat here in Canada. They are little chocolate delights that will drive you to madness. Well, maybe not you. But me clearly!
So first I did this:
Then I did this:
Then I took that and did this:
That still was not enough so I did this:
Then I clearly crossed over to the dark side and did this:
Okay so this one is Paula Deen’s recipe. I saw it eons ago in a magazine I bought called Paula Deen’s Chocolate Celebration. I’ve had this magazine since 2008 and have finally started to delve into it. This one obviously caught my eye. I mean my love of Turtles dates back to when I was a wee little Lunatic. I made this and I have to say it is really good. I mean REALLY good. Yet me being the Lunatic that I am had to revamp it. But you won’t see that until tomorrow. Sorry. For now let’s enjoy this one. Cuz it’s yummy. And naughty. And just a bit bad ass!
- 6 quarts (24 cups) of popped popcorn
- 1 cup of butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 6 (1 ounce) squares of semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop your popcorn. I did mine on the stove old school style!
- Place your popcorn in a large roasting pan.
- Now in a large saucepan combine your butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Over medium-high heat bring this mixture to a boil. Keep it at a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Now remove it from the heat and stir in the chocolate, vanilla salt and vanilla.
- Let it stand until the chocolate melts. Stir it occasionally.
- Once it is melted stir until smooth.
- Now pour this over your popcorn, toss it gently with a wooden spoon to coat it all evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove from oven and transfer popcorn to parchment paper to let it cool down.
- Serve with a smile.
You can use regular salt in this recipe, or you can make Vanilla Salt
*giggles uncontrollably and grabs a bowl of Lunatic Turtle Popcorn*
Toodles and smoochies! xx