This Turtle Popcorn is a quick and easy snack recipe. It's drizzled with a chocolate coating to make the best chocolate popcorn in the world.
Okay let's all sing along now...
Okay for those of you living under a rock, or who don't often read my blog (why the h...e ...double hockey sticks have you not been reading??) Turtles are a very special treat here in Canada. They are little chocolate delights that will drive you to madness. Well, maybe not you. But me clearly!
And sadly there is more to come. I have another one ready to shock you with already. Clearly....issues....I need a Turtle intervention. Just wait until I post the next one, then you all can commit me. But you're gonna wanna see that one first. It will blow your socks right off! Not just rock 'em. Blow them clear off!
Okay so this one is Paula Deen's recipe. I saw it eons ago in a magazine I bought called Paula Deen's Chocolate Celebration.
I've had this magazine since 2008 and have finally started to delve into it. This one obviously caught my eye.
I shall go on teasing you another day cuz I made this even better. But you're just going to have to wait another day to see how I did that. Watch out Paula, I'm after your job!!!
*giggles uncontrollably and grabs a bowl of Lunatic Turtle Popcorn*
How to Store Chocolate Popcorn:
- Once the popcorn is cooled, you need to store it in a sealed airtight container.
- It will keep for about a week if stored in a cool, dry place in that airtight container.
- Chocolate popcorn can also be stored in the fridge in a sealed airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- You can also freeze it in a sealed airtight container for up to 3 months.
- When you remove the chocolate popcorn from the fridge or freezer, allow it to come to room temperature before serving.
More Popcorn Recipes:
- Turtle Popcorn
- Parmesan Popcorn
- Rootbeer Popcorn
- Turtle Popcorn Gone Wild
- Pink Popcorn
- S'mores Popcorn
- Turtle Tailgate Mix
- Chocolate Cake Popcorn
- Cinnamon Sugar Popcorn
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
- 24 cups popped popcorn
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup corn syrup
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Pop your popcorn. I did mine on the stove old school style!
- Place your popcorn in a large roasting pan.
- Now in a large saucepan combine your butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup.
- Over medium-high heat bring this mixture to a boil. Keep it at a boil for about 5 minutes.
- Now remove it from the heat and stir in the chocolate, salt and vanilla.
- Let it stand until the chocolate melts. Stir it occasionally.
- Once it is melted stir until smooth.
- Now pour this over your popcorn, toss it gently with a wooden spoon to coat it all evenly.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. Stir it occasionally.
- Remove from oven and transfer popcorn to parchment paper to let it cool down.
- Serve with a smile.
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more popcorn recipes sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more snack recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
I must send you some. I have to find out about food shipping for a project anyway so I'll see if there allowed to be shipped and send you a box. SO good Jill. Of course your Paris taste might find the chocolate not up to snuff. I'm sure the chocolate there is far superior.
Lol I know right. And it continues. I need help.
Roflmao, I don't think it would last that long in most houses. I have never heard of Harry & David Moose Munch. Being a Canuck blows some times. Except for Turtles. Cuz we rock there.
Lol I now have more ideas to conjure up thanks to your suggestions. It may never end. It's too much fun.
I fell down laughing when I read that. SO funny!
Lol. Me either!
Thanks so much.
I loveses you too but hand it back over before I go all ninja on you twin. Or we could share. *pulls up a comfy two seater sofa, flips on a movie*
Lol, I am in a turtle coma right now. I may need to seek help soon. You must make this for wifey!
Lol, I am putting that on my business cards. Um, when I get business cards.
The next one is up. It's this gone wild and is SOOOO good. I can't stop eating it. It's over the top yummy!
Thank you so much. Hope you had a terrific V- Day as well.
Thank you so much. This is good. The new one is wonderful.
Lol, pretty much what I did today. In a nutshell.
Lol, thanks. It's pretty darn good.
Aw, thanks Mama Liz. I am stocking up the snacks for the commune.
Lol, they really are THAT good right. I am glad I am not the only one. They are so delish.
Thanks Ridwan. It is really good.
Thank you so much.
Lol thanks. The new amped up version is on the blog now. I went a little nuts.