This Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons is easy to make and a cinch to clean up! This chicken recipe is sure to impress your family!
Honestly, I love chicken potato bakes! It's a great one dish meal which makes prep and clean-up so much easier.
This is seriously easy to make. I mean, it's just chicken, potatoes, salad dressing.
Then you toss some spices on if you want to amp it up. A little coarse salt is all this needs in my opinion. In addition, you can add some fresh rosemary too. However, that's completely optional.
Not only is this an easy recipe because it lets the flavour of the food stand out but it's also tender and moist.
Seriously though, some recipes don't need a lot of jazzing up. This is certainly one of them.
While I used split chicken breast for this recipe, you could use boneless, skinless chicken breast if you like. Also, chicken legs or thighs would work really well too.
In all honesty, you could even use a whole chicken if that works better for you.
Love this chicken potato bake, try these recipes:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Pasta Bake with Sausage and Peppers
- Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowls
- American Chop Suey
- Saucy Mozzarella Chicken Bake
- 30 Minutes Chicken Vegetable Skillet Pasta
- One Pot Pasta with Sausage, Peppers and Apples
- Easy Chili Cornbread Casserole
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons
- ½ cup water add if needed (I added about ½ cup around the thirty minute mark)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Lay the chicken breast down in the dish, I put them towards the corners.
- Add the potatoes and spread evenly in the dish.
- Pour the dressing over top of the chicken and potatoes.
- Lay lemon slices over the chicken and potatoes randomly.
- If you want rosemary you can add it now, or just use it for garnish later. Some folks like rosemary, some don't. So it's a completely optional ingredient.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven. Cook for 55 minutes total. (Check the chicken at 30 minutes to make sure there's enough liquid, and stir the potatoes around. If you need more liquid you can add some water at this point. I baste everything at this point to keep the chicken moist. Slide the casserole dish back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes. Check again by pulling the dish out of the oven and baste again, and move the potatoes around a bit. If you need some water add some. Slide back in and cook for another 10 minutes.) The basting will really help. Don't be shy to add a little water if the dressing cooks off too quickly.
- Remove from the oven. Discard rosemary.
- Transfer everything to a big platter and serve family style, or just place the casserole dish on a heat resistant trivet on the table.
- Serve with a big old lemon chicken loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!