An easy one dish meal that will impress your family and friends. This Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons is easy to make, and a cinch to clean up!
I love a good one dish meal, it makes prep and clean-up so much easier. This one is part of Sunday Supper’s 5 Ingredients or Less Theme. This is chicken, potatoes, lemons, and Italian Dressing. Seriously, this is so easy to make. You toss some spices on if you want to amp it up. A little coarse salt is all this needs in my opinion. You can add some fresh rosemary on it if you like, it’s completely optional. This is just an easy recipe that lets the flavour of the food stand out. Some recipes don’t need a lot of jazzing up. This is definitely one of them.
So I was supposed to take last week off work. Aside from watching a little more TV than usual I didn’t end up getting any time off. I swear it’s a curse. I always plan to have lots of down time and then end up working the entire time. I figure if at first you don’t succeed try, try again right. I’m going to attempt this again next month and see if I can actually get all my work done ahead of time, and all my guests posts scheduled way in advance. Sooner or later I’ll eventually get a day off. I could use some serious downtime.
I did manage to get some extra cooking done which was really nice. I’ve got a backlog of about 15 posts for one blog now, and about 30 filler posts for the other one. So huge strides in the recipe development area. I had notes strewn about the entire house. Does anyone else do this? I write them down on notepads, pull them off and they end up in every corner of the household. Next weekend we’re going to do a little kitchen project. I want to put up some organizational bulletins inside the cupboards. If we get around to doing it I’ll post the step by step photos in a post in case anyone else wants to try it. I swear I used to be so “Martha” and now I’m just a hot mess with poor organizational skills. I’m not sure who to blame. Usually when things go awry around here I try to blame the dog. Unless I hire her as my secretary I’m not sure I can pawn this off on her.
Make sure you scroll down so you can visit all my Sunday Supper peeps. They sure know how to rock it out for Sunday Supper. This group is extremely talented and just the most supportive bunch of bloggers you could ever meet. I’m so happy I’ll be meeting so many of them in July at the Food and Wine Conference. So excited to head to Orlando for some sun, fun and loads of foodie bonding.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 split chicken breasts
- 2 pounds of baby potatoes cut in half
- 2 cups of Italian Salad Dressing
- 2 meyer lemons sliced thinly
- Rosemary optional
- Coarse salt to taste
- Water add if needed (I added about 1/2 cup around the thirty minute mark)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Lay the chicken breast down in the dish, I put them towards the corners.
Add the potatoes and spread evenly in the dish.
Pour the dressing over top of the chicken and potatoes.
Lay lemon slices over the chicken and potatoes randomly.
If you want rosemary you can add it now, or just use it for garnish later. Some folks like rosemary, some don't. So it's a completely optional ingredient.
Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven. Cook for 55 minutes total. (Check the chicken at 30 minutes to make sure there's enough liquid, and stir the potatoes around. If you need more liquid you can add some water at this point. I baste everything at this point to keep the chicken moist. Slide the casserole dish back in the oven and cook for another 15 minutes. Check again by pulling the dish out of the oven and baste again, and move the potatoes around a bit. If you need some water add some. Slide back in and cook for another 10 minutes.) The basting will really help. Don't be shy to add a little water if the dressing cooks off too quickly.
Remove from the oven. Discard rosemary.
Transfer everything to a big platter and serve family style, or just place the casserole dish on a heat resistant trivet on the table.
Serve with a big old lemon chicken loving smile!
Appetizers, Salads and Starters
- Chicken and Spring Greens Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Tuna, Burrata and Black Olive Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Salmon and Cucumber “Noodle” Salad from girlichef
- Yogurt Dill Vegetable Dip from Melanie Makes
- Tomato, Avocado, and Cucumber Summer Salad from My Healthy Eating Habits
- Fennel Citrus Salad from An Appealing Plan
- Kale-Had-a-Hard-Day Salad from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Guacamole Deviled Eggs from Ruffles and Truffles
- Tomato Soup from Run DMT
- Wasabi Cream Cheese Ham Salad from Neighborfood
- Latkes with Smoked Salmon and Caviar from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
Side and Accompaniments
- Candied Apple Jelly from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Ricotta from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Indian-style Roasted Cauliflower from kimchi MOM
- 3-Ingredient Beer Bread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Grilled Steak with Garlic Cumin Rub from Cooking Chat
- Smoked Turkey Panini with Roasted Red Peppers and Basil Pesto from La Bella Vita
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast from Nosh My Way
- Easy Crock Pot Pulled Chicken from Flour On My Face
- Lemon Basil Carbonara from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Garlic Butter Shrimp from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Stroganoff from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Smothered Pork Chop Cups from Having Fun Saving
- Salsa Verde Chicken Enchiladas from Supper for a Steal
- Chicken with Olives from Noshing With The Nolands
- Salmon with Tiger Dill Sauce from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Greek Chicken Burgers from Country Girl In The Village
- Potato Pancakes (Reibekuchen) from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Crock Pot Beer Chicken from Our Table for Seven
- Chorizo and Potato Frittata from Small Wallet Big Appetite
- Chicken and Potato Bake with Meyer Lemons from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chicken Asparagus Roll-ups from The Dinner-Mom
- Spaghetti Squash with Simple Red Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Tropical Salsa Chicken from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Strawberry Red Wine Glazed Salmon from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Baked Asparagus and Eggs from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Grilled Caprese Salad Sandwich from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Beef Short Rib Bourguignon from Food Lust People Love
- Beans and Egg Sandwich from Basic N Delicious
- Honey Almond Salmon from Family Foodie
- BBQ Foiled Chicken from Meal Diva
Dessert and Beverages
- Flourless Chocolate Cake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- 4-Ingredient Butterscotch Peanut Butter Marshmallow Sweets from Shockingly Delicious
- Vanilla Bean Honey Ice Cream from The Foodie Army Wife
- Coconut Crusted Chocolate Ganache Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3-Ingredient Nutella Truffles from URBAN BAKES
- Chocolate & Peanut Butter Squares from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Nutella Ferrero Cupcakes from Brunch with Joy
- 5-Minute Strawberry Sherbet from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Best Ever Coconut Macaroons from Hip Foodie Mom
- Chocolate Orange Ice Cream from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Orchid Panna Cotta from Manu’s Menu
- Oreo Cookies and Cream Fudge from Alida’s Kitchen
- Golden Oreo Rice Krispies Treats from Pies and Plots
- Vanilla Pudding from Magnolia Days
- Sopapilla Cheesecake Bites from The Weekend Gourmet
- Coconut Cream Mango Mousse from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Peanut Butter Buckeyes from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- 4 Ingredient Peanut Butter Cherry Chip Cookies from Ninja Baking
- Raspberry Pina Colada Ice Cream from Try Anything Once Culinary
- Avocado Milkshakes from The Texan New Yorker
- The Ginger Sass Cocktail from Nik Snacks
- Baked Custard Cups from Soni’s Food
Toodles and smoochies! xx