This recipe for Easy Chili Cornbread Casserole is absolutely amazing and super quick to make. This is a semi-homemade recipe!
This easy chili cornbread casserole is one of those quick and easy semi-homemade meals that we all love to make when life is chaotic.
I'm going to let all you busy moms and dads in on a little secret. In fact, this goes out to everyone out there.
It's totally okay to prioritize things in your life and make semi-homemade dinners. I know right. Mind-blowing information right there.
I know, I'm a food blogger. I'm suppose to tell you that you should make every single thing from scratch every single day.
Here's the thing, I do NOT believe that. Not one little bit. I never have, and I never will.
We're all busy and it's okay to prioritize. We only have so many hours in the day you need to make choices.
Some days I would rather make a quick dinner that tastes amazing than spend all the live long day glued to my stove.
Don't get me wrong. I love to cook and spend whole days in the kitchen cooking and baking up a storm. That said, I also love days where I can whip up a recipe like this is 30 minutes.
That means I can spend more time with my kids doing things we love. That's the stuff that makes my heart happy.
This meal is filling and utterly scrumptious. You're going to want to double batch this one!
Whip up a batch of this Chili Cornbread Casserole today. Thank me tomorrow!
- Chili - Either homemade or store bought chili will work for this recipe.
- Cheese - Mozzarella cheese is my personal favourite for this one but feel free to swap out the cheese if you want.
- Cornbread Mix - I used a store bought cornbread and muffin mix for this casserole to make it as quick and easy as possible. If you want to whip up your own cornbread mix you can.
- Milk - For this casserole, I used 2% milk to mix with the cornbread mix. You can use any kind of milk you prefer.
How to Make Chili Cornbread Casserole:
- First, preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a casserole dish with non-stick spray and set it aside.
- Pour the prepared chili into the casserole dish and spread out evenly.
- Then, toss the mozzarella cheese over top.
- In a medium bowl combine the cornbread mix with the milk. Stir until well combined then pour over the casserole.
- Place the casserole dish in the oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top turns golden brown.
- Carefully remove the casserole dish from the oven and slice.
More Dinner Recipes:
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Pasta Bake with Sausage and Peppers
- Greek Chicken Orzo Power Bowls
- American Chop Suey
- Saucy Mozzarella Chicken Bake
- 30 Minutes Chicken Vegetable Skillet Pasta
- One Pot Pasta with Sausage, Peppers and Apples
- Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Easy Chili Cornbread Casserole
- 4 ½ cups homemade or store bought chili
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 pkg cornbread muffin mix
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray a casserole pan with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- Pour the chili into the casserole dish. Spread out evenly.
- Toss the mozzarella cheese on top of the chili.
- In a medium size bowl combine the cornbread muffin mix with ½ cup milk. Stir well. Pour over top of the casserole. You don't have to be overly careful. It will seem like it's not enough liquid but trust me, it fluffs right up so have faith. Spread the mixture out a bit.
- Place the casserole dish in the preheated oven and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and slice.
- Serve with a big old comfort food loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dinner recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more casserole recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Yummy this recipe sounds delicious, Thanks for posting.
This was freaking delicious!