Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies are so simple to make and are perfect for bake sales and parties. These lemon cookies are a serious crowd pleaser.
I heart lemons. So very much. People who visit my blog regularly probably know that by now. Those who are new here–>
Hi my name is Kim and I’m a lemon addict!!
How can you help yourself when it comes to lemons? The gorgeous, bright, sunny yellow colour combined with the fresh scent is a dangerous combination. One I love wholeheartedly.
I’m also a huge cookie lover, especially during the holidays. It’s that time of year that cookies become serious business. Everyone wants cookies at Christmas. Who can resist? Not me.
The options for cookies are endless right now. You can find thousands of cookie recipes online. Whatever flavour you have a hankering for you can find a cookie to satisfy your craving.
For me, lemon is something I crave often. It ranks right up there with chocolate in my book. I love that sweet, citrus flavour. There’s something about biting into a lemon cookie that just makes me happy.
What I really dig about this recipe is how easy it is. You can whip up the dough in a snap. The original recipe calls for popping the batter in the fridge overnight, but I made these without doing that. They came out beautifully.
These are not only easy to make but absolutely gorgeous on any cookie platter. I love the look of the crackle top with the glaze over top. They brighten up any cookie platter, and make awesome gifts.
You can find the recipe for these Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies over at This Gramma is Fun. I’m a monthly contributor over there. So hop on over there to get the recipe. Say hit to the gals while you’re there. They are delightful.
You can use regular lemons for this recipe, or Meyer lemons. I prefer Meyer lemons but they can be hard to find in some areas. If you do find some buy a gazillion of them. You will not be sorry.
So to recap I love Meyer lemons more than life itself. If you have some at your local store grab them over regular lemons. Given the choice always reach for Meyer Lemons. Every. Single. Time.
Craving more cookies like these Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies:
- No Bake Coconut Macaroons
- Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies
- Momzie’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Pink Coconut Cookies
- Coconut Filled Sandwich Cookies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
For the cookies:
For the glaze:
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract, optional
For the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in a large bowl.
- Now add the vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the bowl, continue to beat until combined.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, soda, and salt in a small bowl, whisk with a fork until combined. Now add this dry mixture to the wet mixture slowly, continuing to mix until combined.
- You can use a cookie scoop or tablespoon to drop the cookie dough into balls into a bowl of confectioners' sugar one at a time, then transfer them to the cookie sheets.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 9-11 minutes. The cookies should be crackly on top when done.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on pan for a few minutes. Then transfer the cookies to a cooling rack. Continue to cool.
For the glaze:
- Mix the confectioners' sugar and milk together in a small bowl. You can add more of either ingredient until you get the desired consistency you like for a glaze. Now drizzle the glaze over the baked and cooled cookies. Allow the glaze to dry.
- Serve with a big old lemon loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!