These are the best peanut butter cookies around. These cookies are quick, easy and no one can resist them! Whip up a batch or two today!
Everyone who tries these cookies declares them the best peanut butter cookies they’ve ever had!
My Mom used to make these cookies a lot when we were kids. There are so many memories tied to these cookies.
They are simple, classic and a family favourite around here. All of us kids love them, even now that we’re adults.
Honestly, I have no idea where my Mom got this peanut butter cookie recipe. I just know it’s been around since I was a little kid.
My Mom was not the best cook in the world. But there were a few things she excelled at in the kitchen.
Peanut butter cookies is one of those things!
She used to have us help press the fork into the dough.
Most of the time we’d use a fork dunked in water. Occasionally it was a fork dunked in flour.
However we did them they always tasted amazing and never lasted long.
Every time I make them I think of my Mom. I was so lucky to have a Mom like her.
Imagine coming home to these after school. Yup, that was my childhood. Pretty cool right!!
Let me know what you think of Momzie’s Peanut Butter Cookies once you make them.
- Peanut Butter – I used smooth peanut butter for this recipe.
- Butter – Salted or unsalted butter work in this recipe. If you use salted just omit the salt listed in the ingredients.
- Sugar – These cookies use white granulated sugar, as well as light brown sugar.
- Eggs – Use large eggs for this recipe.
- Extract – I used vanilla extract for these cookies. You could also use almond extract if you prefer.
- Flour – This cookie recipe uses all purpose flour.
- Baking Soda and Baking Powder – Use both for this cookie recipe.
- Salt – This can be omitted if you are sensitive to salt. Although salt does actually enhance the flavour of cookies.
How to Make Peanut Butter Cookies:
- First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Next, line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Then, use a stand mixer to cream peanut butter, butter and both sugars together until well combined.
- Blend in the eggs and vanilla next.
- Then, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the mixer and mix until combined and smooth.
- Use a tablespoon to grab scoops of dough, then use your hands to roll each scoop into balls. Place each ball on the cookie sheet then use your palm to flatten each cookie a little bit.
- Use a fork to make a criss-cross shape in each cookie.
- Bake the peanut butter cookies in the preheated 350 degree F oven for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Once baked, remove the cookies from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Then, transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to allow them to cool fully.
How to store peanut butter cookies:
- First of all, always make sure you allow them to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container at room temperature. Be sure to use waxed paper or parchment paper to separate the layers of cookies.
- Do not mix with other types of cookies. They will actually take on the flavour of the other cookies if you store too many types in one container.
- Lastly, cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks. Personally, I think a week is best if you want them to taste fresh.
Tips for freezing:
- Personally, I like using a freezer bag. Make sure you remove all the excess air out before sealing the bag.
- Again, if you are using a container be sure to use waxed paper or parchment paper between the layers. Put a layer of waxed paper over top of the final layer then make sure you lid is snapped on super tight.
- Use a marker to add the date to the freezer bag or container.
- Lastly, cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months if stored properly.
More Cookie Recipes:
- Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Cookie
- Pink Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cookies
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Shortbread Christmas Mice
- S’mores Cookies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Momzie’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grab two cookie sheets and line them with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream peanut butter, butter, and sugars together in a stand mixer (or use a bowl and hand mixer).
- Blend in eggs and vanilla, mixing well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, combine thoroughly.
- Form heaping tablespoons of dough into balls, place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Now flatten them a little bit.
- Mom used the fork technique. Put water in a measuring cup or glass and dip the fork into water and make a grid or criss-cross on the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Using a spatula, slide the cookies onto a cooling rack and allow them to cool completely.
- Serve with a big old peanut butter smile!
- Optional- you can sprinkle demerara sugar on top of each cookie.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.