These No Bake Pink Coconut Cookies are incredibly quick and easy to make. They are packed with coconut and oats and only take mere minutes to whip up!
The holidays are the perfect time to whip up these no bake pink coconut cookies.
Okay, so these were not what I wanted to make. I wanted a softer pink colour, more coconut and then I wanted to drizzle them with pink chocolate and cover them in pink sprinkles. So what happened? Life happened. As it tends to do.
We had a bit of a nutty night at the Beaulieu compound yesterday. Life with hooligans can be chaotic. Not in a bad way. I love my hooligans but when stuff happens with them I morph into Mom mode. Sometimes Mom mode means there is not enough time to jazz up your cookies.
It’s all good though. I would never trade a minute with my kids for prettier cookies. So today you get simple, completely not elegant or jazzed up, oddly pink cookies. You’re welcome.
I learned how to make the chocolate version of these from my Mom. They are my favourite cookie in the whole world. I’ll whip up a batch this weekend so I can share them with you. I honestly would take these coconut cookies over any other cookie in the world. I love the taste and the texture. They were a favourite of my father’s too. I made them for him more times than I count.
Other Cookie Recipes
- Glazed Lemon Sugar Cookies
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies
- Shortbread Christmas Mice
- Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Chocolate Hazelnut Skillet Cookie
- S’mores Cookies
- Red Velvet Cream Cheese Cookie Stacks
- Pink Coconut Cookies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Pink Coconut Cookies
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper, Set aside.
- Use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate until it's smooth.
- While it's melting grab a large pot. Add the sugar and milk, cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the butter and white chocolate to the pot and cook for about 1 to 3 minutes, whisking until the mixture comes together. It's going to look weird at first and you're going to think you ruined it. But keep whisking and have faith I would not lead you astray.
- Add the vanilla, salt and oats and stir for about a minute. Then remove from heat.
- Add the food colouring to the coconut, start slowly and keep adding until you get the desired shade of pink you want.
- Add the coconut to the pot and stir until combined. If you want the cookies a bit more pink you can add more colouring. It's a personal thing.
- Use a spoon to drop the mixture on the cookie sheets while it's hot.
- Allow to cool. If possible, I can't resist these ones, so I always eat some hot. Then act shocked when I burn the roof of my mouth. Apparently you never grow out of some things. Meh, moving on.
- Serve with a big old pink coconut loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.