These little Jalapeno Poppers are wrapped in bacon and have a little extra kick to them with a hint of adobo and smoked paprika. It’s heat to the max with these little beauties.
These little bites are the perfect appetizer for parties and game day. Jalapeno peppers, cream cheese and bacon are combined for a spicy appetizer that will make all your guests so happy.
Welcome to Day #4 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by myself and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker.
With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes.
Okay, I have to warn you now. These suckers have some serious kick.
We like spicy food here at the Bee household. We like heat that builds.
Not only jalapeno poppers, they are jalapeno poppers with spicy cream cheese. I used a small amount of chipotle in adobo sauce diced up super fine then I hit it with some smoked paprika.
I know you’re thinking we’re nuts right now, and we are, but in this case we’re also rocking some kick-butt football food.
Make a plain jane batch for all your wussy little friends, then make a batch of these for your cool friends. They’ll love you.
Just make sure you have lots of beverages nearby for the wussies pretending to be cool kids. There’s one at every party.
Recipes to serve with Jalapeno Bacon Poppers:
- Spinach Artichoke Cheesy Bread
- Mini Potato Skins with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives
- Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
- Steak Bites Mini Taco Boats
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
Visit all the other Appetizer Week blogs for more amazing recipes:
- Cheesy Melt by Kiss My Smoke
- BBQ Flavored Popcorn by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mini Chicken Tacos by Clarks Condensed
- Mustard and Gruyere Batons by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Baked Sriracha Bites by Organized Island
- Mini Pita Pizzas by Home Cooking Memories
- Slow Cooker Salsa Pulled Chicken Sliders by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pickled Pepper and Pepperoni Puff Pastry Pizza/Pinwheels by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Sriracha Chicken Pockets by Lemons for Lulu
- Candied Bacon by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Baby Asparagus Wrapped in Prosciutto by Food Lust People Love
- Crispy Baked Green Bean Fries by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Wonky Wonderful
- Low Carb Monster Fingers by Yours and Mine are Ours
What’s your favourite appetizer?
- I tend to dig hot appetizers like this one.
- I’m not a huge fan of cold appetizers for some reason.
- I tend to be the same way with sandwiches too. I’m weird like that.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- 16 jalapeno peppers, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3.5 oz chipotle in adobo pepper, cut into tiny pieces, as small as possible (sold in 7 oz cans so I used half a can)
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 pound bacon, slices cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cut jalapeno peppers in half, lengthwise. Scrape seeds and core out and discard.
- In a small bowl combine cream cheese, chipotle pepper in adobo, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- With a small spoon smooth the mixture into the inside of each jalapeno. Wrap each piece with a strip of bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Pop in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, depending on the size of your peppers. Mine were done in about 25 this time around.
- Remove from the oven.
- Serve with a big old spicy smile.
Thanks for visiting today!