Perfect for dunking, this easy pizza dip recipe will impress your guests and have them coming back for more!
Welcome to Day #2 of Appetizer Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Kristen from Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker. With the big football game coming up, we wanted to make sure you had plenty of ideas for your game day spread. Each day we will be dishing up a different set of appetizers. We hope you enjoy this fabulous group of recipes. Tune in each day starting with Monday, January 20 and ending on Saturday, January 25.
I usually make my pizza dip in the oven, but some days you just want pizza dip immediately. You don't want to wait for it to cook in the oven. So you take the easy way out and shove that bowl of layered yummy goodness in the microwave. Is the presentation as pretty as a perfectly golden brown pizza dip from the oven, heck no. But are you, or your guests, really going to give a flip as you're shoving copious amounts of pizza dip into your pieholes? I think not! Now go forth and microwave your dips. This has been a public service announcement from a very hungry lunatic.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest | G+ | Kiss My Smoke
Pizza Dip | #AppetizerWeek | @Anolon #Giveaway
- 1 8 ounce package of cream cheese, any brand
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt or powder
- ½ teaspoon onion salt or powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 and ½ cups pizza mozzarella shredded, more if you're like me and can't get enough cheese
- 4 ounces of pepperoni sliced thinly
- Spray a microwave safe dish or bowl with non-stick spray lightly.
- Soften your cream cheese. You can take it out of the fridge ahead of time, or pop in a bowl and microwave it for about 30 to 45 seconds. Mix it with a spoon and then transfer it to the microwave safe dish. Spread evenly.
- In a medium sized bowl mix your pizza sauce, sugar and spices. The sugar and spices are optional. I like a little extra kick in my dip. Pour this over top of the cream cheese and smooth out.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top evenly.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Pop the dish in the microwave, and depending on the size and strength of your microwave, cook for about 2 to 4 minutes. You want the cheese melted so it's nice and stretchy when people dunk.
- Serve with chips or crackers, or a giant spoon and a big old smile!
Visit all the other Appetizer Week Peeps for more Munchie Causing Goodness:
- Pizza Dip by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Steak and Potato Bites by Kiss My Smoke
- Gluten Free Brie en Croute by Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Caramelized Onion, Brie, and Pear Crostini by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Low-Carb Chicken Dip by Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Caramelized Onion Dip by Cooking in Stilettos
- Tuna Bruschetta by What's Cooking, Love?
- Harvest Sweet Potato Salsa by Farm Fresh Feasts
- Parmesan Chips by Makobi Scribe
- Mini Cheeseburgers by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Little Smokies by Clarks Condensed
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Bites by From Gate to Plate
- Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Apricots by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Crock Pot Party Meatballs by My Catholic Kitchen
- Bacon Cheese Popcorn by Life Off the Clock
- Empanada Mini Pies by The NY Melrose Family
- Buffalo Chicken Tortilla Pinwheels by Home Cooking Memories
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- French Onion Grilled Cheese Stackers by Mom's Test Kitchen
- Root Beer Chicken Wings by Try Anything Once Culinary
- Low Sodium Swiss Cheeseburger Stuffed Mushrooms by Cookerati
Today's sponsor is Anolon. They are providing an Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel Collection 10-piece set, which includes1.25 Qt. & 2.5 Qt. covered saucepans, 3 Qt. covered saute, 6.5 Qt. covered stockpot, 8" & 10" French skillets. This Anolon Set has a stunning, high polish finish that would class up any kitchen. The set is crafted with a layer of copper on the bottom which provides optimum heat conduction. This Anolon collection is also dishwasher safe. Anolon Nouvelle Copper Stainless Steel cookware is gorgeous and will withstand the test of time.
Giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. Winner must be 18 years of age, or older. Winner will be selected randomly. Winner will be contacted via email and has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Good luck!
***Disclaimer: This giveaway is being provided by Anolon. #AppetizerWeek bloggers have not received product or been compensated as a part of this giveaway.***
Thanks again to all our participants, sponsors and to Kristen for co-hosting with me. Make sure you continue to tune in all week for more delicious recipes and more spectacular giveaways!
Toodles and smoochies! xx
I love making cheese straws or spinach dip!
My favorite is Pita chips and hummus.
I like cheese-y garlic pull apart bread and spinach dip.
I have a few, but my very favorite is chicken breast sliders on homemade rolls with sliced red onion & homemade guacamole!
Chips and dip
I like spinach artichoke dip served with tortilla chips.
My favorite is nachos with extra jalapeño
My favorite is chicken wings and spinach artichoke dip.
cocktail sweet and sour meatballs
I just wanted to let you know I received the Anaolon 10-piece collection and am in awe. This is the best pots/pans set that I have ever owned. I want to thank you so much for the wonderful giveaway as well as the wonderful recipes on your website.
I think the parmesan chips with this dip would be FANTASTIC!
Could I replace the cream cheese with something else? If so, what?
You could but it won't taste the same. My advice would vary depending on why you want to substitute it. Is it that you don't like cream cheese or is it an allergy?
I substitute a mix of ricotta and yogurt for some dips because my daughter hates cream cheese. You would mix equal parts of each together. So if a recipe calls for 8 ounces of cream cheese you can substitute 4 ounces of ricotta and 4 ounces of yogurt. Mix together. Yum.
You could try other soft cheeses too. I usually keep goat cheese on hand a lot. Not sure how goat cheese would taste with pepperoni though. But it would be lovely with a veggie pizza dip for sure.