This Pizza Dip is a scrumptious, indulgent appetizer with layers of cheese, sauce and pepperoni. It's the perfect snack for game day or parties!
This dip is seriously delicious. It's super easy to make and will quickly become one of your favorite snack recipes!
I usually mine in the oven, but some days you just want a snack immediately. You don't want to wait for it to cook in the oven.
So, when that happens you take the easy way out and shove that bowl of layered yummy goodness in the microwave. Is the presentation as pretty as a perfectly golden brown pizza dip from the oven?
Are you, or your guests, really going to give a flip as you're shoving copious amounts of dip into your pieholes?
I think not!
Now go forth and microwave your dip. This has been a public service announcement from a very hungry lunatic.
- Cream Cheese - Use any brand of cream cheese you love. Just be sure to buy the brick and not the spreadable cream cheese.
- Pizza Sauce - Again, any brand will do, or make homemade pizza sauce if you prefer.
- Sugar - This is completely optional. Personally, I like sweet sauce but you can leave it out if you don't.
- Spices - For this recipe, I used garlic powder, onion powder, dried basil, and dried oregano. Feel free to get creative with your own spices.
- Cheese - Mozzarella cheese is my preferred cheese for pizza dip. If you can find pizza mozzarella it melts beautifully too.
- Pepperoni - Personally, I love pepperoni only for my dip but feel free to add any other pizza ingredients you love. Bacon, bell peppers, sausage, whatever floats your boar!
How to Make Pizza Dip:
- Spray a microwave safe dish with a light coat of non-stick cooking spray.
- Soften the cream cheese if you haven't already. Add it to the microwave safe dish. Spread it out evenly.
- In a small bowl mix together the sauce, sugar and spices. Pour over the cream cheese layer. Spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over top of the sauce layer.
- Next, toss the pepperoni slices over the cheese layer.
- Pop the dish in the microwave and cook until cheese melts, typically it will take between 2 to 4 minutes, but every microwave is different.
- Carefully remove and serve with chips!
More Game Day Recipes:
- Bacon Jam
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Beer Brats with Drunken Peppers and Onions
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Almond Crusted Chicken Strips with Almond Dipping Sauce
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
- Spray a microwave safe dish or bowl with non-stick spray lightly.
- Soften your cream cheese. You can take it out of the fridge ahead of time, or pop in a bowl and microwave it for about 30 to 45 seconds. Mix it with a spoon and then transfer it to the microwave safe dish. Spread evenly.
- In a medium sized bowl mix your pizza sauce, sugar and spices. The sugar and spices are optional. I like a little extra kick in my dip. Pour this over top of the cream cheese and smooth out.
- Sprinkle the cheese over top evenly.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Pop the dish in the microwave, and depending on the size and strength of your microwave, cook for about 2 to 4 minutes. You want the cheese melted so it's nice and stretchy when people dunk.
- Serve with chips or crackers, or a giant spoon and a big old smile!
Thanks for visiting today!