This easy recipe for Bacon Jam is perfect for all your tailgating needs. Chock full of bacon, onion, garlic and sweet heat. This is a must make for game season!
Today I bring you a delicious Bacon Jam recipe. Honestly, this stuff is seriously addictive and utterly delicious.
It does not take long to make. The hardest part is actually trying not to eat all the bacon while you’re making the jam. So, my solution is to cook twice the amount of bacon you actually need for the jam.
Not even kidding about that last piece of advice. I highly recommend making extra bacon every time you make a batch.
If I’m around I would actually recommend making three times the amount you need!
I’m going to give you a little advice. Put the bacon jam in one of those divided veggie dip platters. You know the one I mean. Everyone has one. It’s a round tray with a middle meant for dip, and sections for lots of veggies.
Okay, you ready for this brilliant idea? Hang onto your hats.
PUT THE BACON JAM IN THE MIDDLE and wings all around it. Then DUNK the wings in the bacon jam.
Nope. Honestly, I’m not even kidding. DO IT!!! Trust me. To be completely honest, it’s life changing.
Bacon jam piled on chicken wings and bites is absolutely mind blowing. The taste is out of this world.
Plus putting it in a veggie dip tray makes it so easy for everyone to dunk and nosh. Or use tiny mason jars so everyone can dunk on their own.
Tips for hosting parties
- First of all, cook everything a day or two before the party. That way you are rushed the day of the party!
- Next, the night before you host your party take the time to pull out all the serving dishes you think you will need.
- Then, place them on the serving table so you can decide what works where and how to lay everything out. This saves tons of time later.
- Lastly, set up everything the night before, then we use pieces of paper to mark what food is going in each dish. This is a huge time and headache saver.
- Honestly, what’s nice about setting things up ahead of time too is that you can relax the day of the party.
More Bacon Recipes
- Spicy Chipotle Skillet Corn with Bacon
- Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Bacon
- Smoked Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Chocolate Covered Candied Bacon
- Mini Potato Skins with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- Cook the bacon to desired doneness. I like mine on the crisp side. Transfer to paper towels to drain excess fat off. Leave about 1 to 2 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan. Set pan aside to use again.
- Chop onions finely. Toss them in the pan and cook until they start to caramelize and turn golden brown. Add garlic, cook for one more minute, or until garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, Sriracha sauce and BBQ sauce, stir to combine.
- Increase heat to high, add maple syrup, vinegar and brown sugar, cook on medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife cut the bacon into small pieces. You can also tear it by hand. Your choice.
- Toss the bacon back into the pan, reduce heat to low and simmer for about 10 minutes, the mixture will thicken and look jam.
- Turn off the stove. Drain any excess fat off the bacon jam by pouring it through a sieve or use cheesecloth to drain it .
- Transfer to jars for your party. Store in fridge until needed. Will keep for one week in fridge.
- To reheat microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with a big old bacon loving smile!
Also follow me on Pinterest where I obsessively pin food all the live long day.
You should also follow me on Instagram to keep up with all the latest and greatest recipes.