Amazing Pizza layered with Arugula, Fresh Peaches, and Chopped Hazelnuts. This recipe is a real crowd pleaser and perfect for summer!
This is a sponsored post for Aurora Importing. All opinions are my own, as always. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I know, I know, this is a weird pizza in the eyes of some people.
But I don’t really give a hoot.
This pizza is layered with sauce, pizza mozzarella, tons of arugula, fresh thinly sliced peaches, and chopped hazelnuts. I love peaches, there is nothing quite like the taste of a fresh peach. Peach season makes me giddy.
You know what else makes me giddy? Making my own pizza dough. If you haven’t tried it you’ve been missing out. Making your own pizza dough is a game changer. Once you start you won’t want to stop.
I’ve made hundreds of batches of pizza dough in my lifetime. We eat pizza about 3 times a week, minimum. We’re nuts like that. I’ve tried so many different kinds of flour to make dough. Colour me happy that I’ve finally found the “perfect” flour.
I’ve been working with Aurora Importing recently, and they sent me some great products to try out. They sent me their Pizza Flour and I cannot even begin to put into words how good it is. It made the best pizza dough we’ve ever had.
You totally need to try this pizza. With the flour from Aurora Importing. Then stop back here to let me know what you think. M’kay.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 & ½ tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Dash of salt
- 3 cups of pizza flour
- 1 & ½ teaspoons of bread machine yeast (or use Platinum instant yeast)
- 1 & ½ cups pizza sauce
- 3 cups pizza mozzarella, more or less to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh peaches, more or less to taste
- 1 & ½ cups chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Spray two pizza sheets generously with non-stick spray.
- Divide dough into two. Hand stretch (or use a rolling pin if you prefer) the dough and place over top of the pizza pans. Stretch it and give the edges a bit more dough to get a thicker crust around the edge. Just use your fingers to push it and into to edges so it's about twice the height as it is in the middle.
- Now spread the pizza sauce evenly over both pizzas.
- Toss the mozzarella over top, you can use more or less depending on taste. We like ours pretty cheesy, but you can use less if you like prefer.
- Place the pizzas in the oven, and cook for about 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how dark you like the bottom, and the brown you like the cheese. We put on on the bottom rack and one on the middle rack, then rotate them halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven.
- Toss the arugula on top of the pizzas.
- Spread the peaches evenly over the pizzas.
- Then sprinkle the hazelnuts over top.
- Use a pizza wheel to cut the pizzas while they're hot.
- Serve with a big old peach pizza loving smile!
You can also grill this. The peaches are fabulous if they are grilled then spread over top of the pizza.
You can substitute nectarines if you like them.
Warming the peaches up in pan with a little brown sugar is another fabulous way to do this.
I encourage you to try this pizza out. It’s freaking spectacular. I love putting fruit on pizza, it just puts a fresh spin on it, particularly in summer.
When you make this I highly recommend ordering Pizza Flour from Aurora Importing. It is far superior to any other flour I’ve used. It completely rocked my pizza world, and that’s not easy to do. I am not easily impressed when it comes to pizza, so this is high praise from me.
I’m back in the kitchen cooking up a storm and loving every minute of it. I’ve got a great salad coming soon. There’s also some ice cream, and summer drink recipes. I even made popsicles. It feels so good to be back in the kitchen!
Disclosure Mumbo Jumbo: This post is a thank you to Aurora Importing for sponsoring me for Blogher Food. As my readers know I only work with companies I trust and use on a regular basis. All opinions are my own. Aurora Importing paid for me to attend Blogher Food. I am eternally grateful.
This pasta would be perfect for Fathers Day. Or any day really. Hope you have an awesome weekend!
Toodles and smoochies! xx