Amazing Pizza layered with Arugula, Fresh Peaches, and Chopped Hazelnuts. This recipe is a real crowd pleaser and perfect for summer!
I'm a sucker for a pretty pizza, especially one topped with fruit. Yes, I know this is a weird pizza in the eyes of some people.
But I don't really give a hoot.
This pizza is layered with sauce, pizza mozzarella, tons of arugula, fresh thinly sliced peaches, and chopped hazelnuts.
I love peaches, there is nothing quite like the taste of a fresh peach. Peach season makes me giddy.
You know what else makes me giddy? Making my own pizza dough. If you haven't tried it you've been missing out.
Making your own pizza dough is a game changer. Once you start you won't want to stop.
I've made hundreds of batches of pizza dough in my lifetime. We eat pizza about 3 times a week, minimum. We're nuts like that.
Honestly, I've tried so many different kinds of flour to make dough. Colour me happy that I've finally found the pizza flour.
Pizza flour is absolute perfection when making your own dough. If you cannot find pizza flour you can substitute bread or all purpose flour.
You totally need to try this pizza. Then stop back here to let me know what you think. M'kay.
Useful Pizza Related Recipes:
More Healthy Dinner Recipes:
- Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Tacos with Watermelon Salsa
- Roasted Red Pepper and Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Angel Hair Pasta
- Thai Cucumber Salad
- Tortilla Pizzas with Roasted Red Peppers
- Pistachio Crusted Baked Cod
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Pizza with Arugula, Peaches and Hazelnuts
For the Pizza Dough:
For the Pizza:
- 1 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 3 cups pizza mozzarella more or less to taste
- 3 cups arugula
- 2 cups fresh peaches thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups hazelnuts chopped
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Spray two pizza sheets generously with non-stick spray.
- Divide dough into two. Hand stretch (or use a rolling pin if you prefer) the dough and place over top of the pizza pans. Stretch it and give the edges a bit more dough to get a thicker crust around the edge. Just use your fingers to push it and into to edges so it's about twice the height as it is in the middle.
- Now spread the pizza sauce evenly over both pizzas.
- Toss the mozzarella over top, you can use more or less depending on taste. We like ours pretty cheesy, but you can use less if you like prefer.
- Place the pizzas in the oven, and cook for about 8 to 12 minutes, depending on how dark you like the bottom, and the brown you like the cheese. We put on on the bottom rack and one on the middle rack, then rotate them halfway through the cooking process.
- Remove the pizzas from the oven.
- Toss the arugula on top of the pizzas.
- Spread the peaches evenly over the pizzas.
- Then sprinkle the hazelnuts over top.
- Use a pizza wheel to cut the pizzas while they're hot.
- Serve with a big old peach pizza loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!