Thai Cucumber Salad is incredibly quick and easy to make. This simple recipe uses only a few ingredients but packs a serious flavour punch!
This super quick and incredibly easy Thai Cucumber Salad is a staple in our household. With only a few ingredients, I can easily whip this up for lunch or dinner.
My daughter is a serious cucumber fanatic! I'm always looking for fun and tasty ways to serve cucumbers as often as possible. I'm cool like that!
I figure if you have a kid who loves veggies you should do a happy dance and make veggie dishes every flipping day. Am I right?
Both of my hooligans love fruits and vegetables. I'll admit I'm more of a fruit lover but I dig veggie recipes too. We are the kind of family who serves 4 sides with every meal.
No joke, man. If you ask anyone who has been lucky enough to have dinner at our house they will tell you we average 4-5 sides per protein.
Speaking of sides, I made some Lemon Roasted Fingerling Potatoes the other day. I highly recommend you give them a try! They got RAVE reviews from everyone who noshed on them!
This Thai cucumber salad also got rave reviews. Originally I made this in the fall and have made it dozens of times since then. You need to give this a try as soon as possible!
Other Fabulous Side Dishes:
- Lemon Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
- Balsamic Roasted Baby Carrots
- Skillet Asparagus with Lime Butter
- Honey Glazed Carrots
- Farro with Dried Cherries and Pistachios
- Maple Roasted Acorn Squash with Bacon
- Roasted Carrots with Honey and Pistachios
- Spicy Chipotle Skillet Corn with Bacon
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Thai Cucumber Salad
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red Thai chile pepper, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber, spiralized or sliced
- 2 shallots, finely diced
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Combine rice vinegar, sugar, sesame oil and red Thai chile pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
- In another small bowl, combine cucumber, shallots and red pepper flakes. Mix well.
- Pour liquid mixture over cucumber mixture. Toss until cucumbers are coated well. Place in fridge until ready to serve.
- Serve with a big old spicy smile!
Thanks for visiting today!