Simple to make and utterly delicious. This 3 ingredient Strawberry Compote is perfect for pouring over pound cake, ice cream or anything else you little heart desires!
This is a sponsored post for Tyson. All opinions are my own, as always. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I love easy recipes. Life is busy, and I’m all about keeping things as simple as possible.
On the flip side I love delicious food. So, I’m always finding that balance between absolutely scrumptious to eat, yet simple to make.
This recipe is one of my favourite recipes for when company stops by. This is so quick to make and doesn’t require a lot of fussing.
It only takes a few minutes of active time and you have a stunning sauce for your guests.
My dad used to make this all the time when I was growing up. He loved fruit compotes, particularly strawberry compote.
He would whip up a big batch, then keep it on hand for scooping over top of ice cream.
In all honesty, my Dad was an amazing cook. He was far better than my Mom at cooking.
He seemed to just have a natural knack for it. A lot of recipes I use today are from my father, he taught me lots of tricks and tips.
This was one of his favourite things in the world to make. He would use fresh berries when they were in season, and frozen during the winter months.
My Dad was an equal opportunity ice cream eater, so no season was off limits.
He also poured this over top of cake. If he wanted a quick dessert for us kids he would heat up his strawberry compote and pour it over cake.
It was always delightful. Especially if he topped it all with ice cream, or whipped cream.
We picked up a few Sara Lee® All Butter Pound Cakes at Walmart last week. We knew I was going to be busy travelling for a photography workshop. So we wanted to stock up on things the family could nosh while I was gone.
I stowed about 3 cakes in the freezer for them to munch on over the weekend. Then I whipped up a big container of Strawberry Compote they could easily reheat when they want.
Needless to see this idea went over well with the family. They managed to cook while I was away on business.
My hubby even whipped up stir fry. However, I like knowing I’ve left some fun options for them to pull out when they want.
This recipe is super easy to make and pairs perfectly with pound cakes. You can top the pound cake with ice cream, whipped cream or just eat it with only the compote. Anything goes with this one.
The pound cake is so light and delicious you’ll want to be sure to have a few extra on hand for future cravings.
They slice beautifully and you can dress them easily by sprinkling confectioners’ sugar over top.
So whip up some Strawberry Compote this weekend. I’d highly suggest a double batch because this is going to disappear so quickly.
People gobble this up at rapid speed, and who could blame them. It’s delightful!
Other Fabulous Recipes You Will Love As Much as Strawberry Compote:
- Boozy Strawberry Watermelon Slushies
- Strawberry Filled Puff Pastries
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Strawberry Brownie Parfaits
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Tart
- Strawberry Cannoli Parfaits with Pistachios
- Strawberry Shortcake No Bake Cheesecakes
- Vanilla Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream with Biscoff Bites
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 4 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Heat the sugar and orange juice over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves. Toss in the strawberries and cook over medium heat for about 10 to 12 minutes, stirring every so often. As it cooks and soften slightly you can use a wooden spoon to break up the fruit a bit more. Cook until it starts to thicken slightly and the fruit is soft but still in pieces.
- Remove from heat and transfer to a mason jar or container. Allow to cool.
- Store in fridge for up to a week.
- To reheat, place in the microwave and cook for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve with a big old berry loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.