These Strawberry Filled Mini Puff Pastries filled with jam and fresh berries. They are cute, easy and utterly delicious!
I mean, could these strawberry filled mini puff pastries be any cuter?! The answer is no. They are adorable!
Honestly, I love mini dessert recipes so much. Even more so when they are filled with fruit and topped with whipped cream.
Not only are these little cuties delicious but they are also really easy to make. That’s a huge perk in my book.
These were made with fresh strawberries but you could substitute any berry you like in this recipe. Honestly, I think blueberries would be amazing.
Instead of using fresh fruit and jam, you could also use pie filling if you’re in a hurry. Don’t sweat the small stuff in life. If you need to cut corners that’s okay.
While I prefer homemade whipped cream for most recipes I used pre-made whipped cream for this particular recipe. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Am I right?
In all honesty, I cannot recommend this recipe enough. Whether you make it for a summer potluck or for Thanksgiving, or even Christmas, your guests will positively love these little beauties.
As for serving, you can actually serve them warm or cold. Either option works.
Personally, I love them cold. In addition to the whipped cream not melting, the strawberry filled gets a nice texture when it’s refrigerated.
Whip up a batch of these Strawberry Filled Mini Puff Pastries today. Then, invite me over so I can help you gobble these up. Not only do I cook but I’m happy to do dishes in exchange for desserts!
- Puff Pastry – First of all, I used prepared puff pastry for this recipe. You can actually make your own if you like.
- Butter – For this recipe, I used unsalted butter but it honestly won’t make a big difference if you use salted. Both are acceptable.
- Strawberries – This recipe is amazing fresh strawberries but if you cannot locate fresh berries you can use frozen. You could also use strawberry pie filling if you like.
- Sugar – Granulated sugar was used in this recipe. It’s the right choice for this one.
- Jam – Look for strawberry jam, or fruit spread. Again, you could substitute strawberry pie filling if push comes to shove.
- Whipped Cream – Lastly, I used prepared whipped cream for this recipe. You can actually make fresh whipped cream if you prefer.
How to Make Strawberry Filled Mini Puff Pastries:
- First, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Next, defrost the puff pastry.
- Then, spread a bit of flour on your work surface, roll out and cute your puff pastry into squares.
- Spray your pan with non-stick spray. Place puff pastry into each well of your mini muffin tin. Toss pie weights over top.
- Now, bake the puff pastry in your preheated oven for about 8. minutes. Remove pie weights and parchment, if you used it. Place the pan back in the oven and bake the puff pastry for 2 to 4 more minutes, or until golden brown.
- Next, cut the strawberries and add sugar. Allow to macerate for up to 20 minutes while you move to the next step.
- After that, warm the jam/fruit spread in the microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Then, mix the berries and fruit jam/spread together in a bowl.
- Next, scoop the strawberry mixture into the cooled puff pastry.
- After that, allow the puff pastries to cool in the fridge for a bit till you are ready to serve them, or you can actually serve them immediately.
- Finally, top each with whipping cream. Again, fresh or pre-made is acceptable.
More Berry Recipes:
- Strawberry Banana Smoothies
- Blueberry Lemon Smoothie Mini Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Dip
- Roasted Strawberry Parfaits with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Compote
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Tart
- Roasted Blueberry Milkshakes
- Meyer Lemon and Blueberry Bars
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Strawberry Filled Mini Puff Pastries
- 14 oz puff pastry
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cup strawberries cut into small cubes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup strawberry jam or fruit spread
- 1/4 cup prepared whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Defrost puff pastry.
- Spread a little bit of flour on your work surface. Just enough to lightly coat it. Then rub some on a rolling pin.
- Roll the puff pastry out into a thin sheet. Use a pastry wheel, knife or pizza wheel and cut 32 squares. You want the squares to be just big enough to fit into your mini pan and peek over the top a wee bit.
- Spray your mini pan with non-stick spray. Place on square into each hole. You'll need two pans to make enough squares. Cut small squares of parchment paper and fit over top of each pastry. Toss in about 5 to 6 pie weights. This will help the middle of the pastries to not rise up so you can fill them later. Very important.
- Place in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 8 minutes. Remove and carefully pull off all the pie weights and parchment. Place back in the oven and cook for 2 to 4 more minutes, until the pastries are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Now cut up your strawberries, and toss them in the sugar. Allow to macerate for about 20 minutes. The sugar helps to soften the berries a bit. You can add a little bit of orange juice or lemon juice if you like too. My berries were ripe enough that I didn't need to do that.
- Now measure out your fruit spread, and place in the oven for about 30 to 45 seconds. You just want it to start bubbling. Depending on your microwave this time could vary and take up to a minute.
- Mix the warm fruit spread and the berries together in a bowl. Scoop a small bit in each pastry cup.
- Top each with a little bit of whipped cream.
- Enjoy with a big old Strawberry loving smile.
Thanks for visiting today!