Pink Lemonade Ice Cream

Hi folks.

I’d like to welcome back ICE CREAM SUNDAYS. I know I haven’t posted ice cream in a while. So this will be like it’s homecoming. Maybe we should get it a purty dress. Something Molly Ringwald-esque. You know like the dress she made for Pretty in Pink. Without the weird collar thing. Cuz that was just kind of grody. To the max.

So with the warmer weather sure to be coming soon it seems fitting to get the ice cream back in Sunday. Not that it’s warm here. I mean seriously I could store my ice cream outside and it wouldn’t melt. Where’s spring people? Who kidnapped it? I blame Molly Ringwald. I mean anyone who wears a collar like that has to have some problems. Evil doer.

If your lucky enough to be enjoying warm weather:

A- I hate you!

B- You should eat ice cream!

C- I hate you!

D- You should eat this ice cream!

E- I hate you!

F- And Molly Ringwald’s evil doer collar!

Enjoy and don’t tell Ducky I was talking smack about his girlfriend. I’d hate to get stalked by a dude on a bike. Even if he is cooler than Molly.

Disclaimer alert: I do really like Molly Ringwald, so no hate mail please. If you feel the need please address it to:

Molly Ringwald’s Weird Collar,

I don’t want you to see where I live,

USA

Pink Lemonade Ice Cream

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Author:
Recipe type: Dessert, Ice Cream
Serves: 10
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • ½ tin of frozen pink lemonade concentrate
  • Red food colouring, if desired
  1. Place the whole milk, sugar and vanilla in your stand mixer and whisk until sugar dissolves.
  2. Add the cream, concentrate and colouring and mix again for a couple of minutes.
  3. Cover and stick in your fridge for about an hour.
  4. Remove and transfer liquid to FROZEN ice cream machine bowl.
  5. Place the bowl on the machine and turn on.
  6. Let it mix for about 15 to 20 minutes.
  7. You can serve right away or place it in the freezer until ready to serve.
  8. Remember to remove from freezer about 10 minutes before serving.
  9. Serve with a big old summery smile!
This ice cream is a little softer than some of my other ones. More a soft serve.

Totally spectacular Pretty in Pink ice cream. Even Molly would like this one. Just don’t let her near it with scissors.

Here’s hoping summer hurries up. I have so many other ice creams planned. And none of them wear a stupid collar. Or date the wrong dude. I mean seriously Molly, the duckman adored you, how could you toss him over for someone named Blaine. It’s just wrong. We should all be so lucky to have a Ducky in our lives. He didn’t even laugh at you when he saw your collar. Now that’s true love.

Comments

• Kim Bee says

I just picked up some lemons to experiment with. I adore ice cream sundays. My waistline not so much. But it’s a family tradition at this point.

LOL.. USA!! Too funny!! I am definitely a “brat packer” fan from back in the day. :) My movie was Breakfast Club and Weird Science and St. Elmo’s Fire. I loved me some Rob Lowe! :) He’s so hot (still). He would melt this fabulous pink ice cream with one look… drool… yes over him and the ice cream. :)

• Kim Bee says

Me too. Love St Elmo’s Fire. I just dvr’d it. We watch Breakfast Club every time it’s on. Rob is a total cutie. Definitely on the same level as a good ice cream.

I suddenly have a serious ice cream craving going on. I should hate you for that *_*. LOL. Oooooh and a sugar cone. Yum. I promise to not wear a gross collar. That would be wrong.
    P.s. Don’t worry…The weather here sux, so you won’t hate me. haha. I am going to be dreaming of ice cream for…forever…now. I think I love you.
    Big love
    Lynne

I LOVE YOU BACK Kim Bee dear!!!! I felt like Cupid just gave me another strike.. Pink Lemonade Ice-Cream? This is a must have in everybody’s repertoire.. I can add this to cream soda and it will still be heavenly.. Plus I am a sucker for anything Pink, then again I love a good lemonade.. Yummm yummm yummmmmmieeeeeee.. makes me happy right now by just looking at it. xoxo

• Kim Bee says

Lol, it’s such a fun ice cream. That’s a great idea to make a float out of it. Yum. I am a pink gal too. Any excuse for pink food and I’m all in. xx

We did have some warm weather but are now back down to the 50’s with rain. Not worried, it’ll warm up soon. Ice cream is our special summer treat but not in the house. We like to go out for it on Sunday afternoons and get waffle cones with two scoops and sprinkles. Then we go stroll around while we enjoy and we get a plastic spoon so we can give the doggie some, too. Dang, now I really want summer. But even if I don’t make my own, your pink photos are stunning! Really, really excellent!

• Kim Bee says

Thanks so much Anita. I love going out for ice cream. There’s a place on the water about 20 minutes from here that’s a ton of fun to get it from. You get to sit and watch the boats go by. Summer can’t come fast enough for me.

• Kim Bee says

It was funny when we got the juice. I went through the grocery store and some lady stopped for lemonade concentrate saying oh this looks like a refreshing drink. And I’m thinking oh that looks like a refreshing ice cream. The mind just automatically goes there. It’s like a sickness.

You should absolutely be banned from posting such absolutely crazily delicious posts – these fresh delicious pictures are actually killing me – ok no, never stop being so good! I love this post to pieces 😀

Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

• Kim Bee says

Thanks Greg. It’s really good. I’ve had it as a sorbet before but thought as an ice cream it would be fun too.

Hey! Just stopping over from The Not So Desperate Chef Wife! Loved looking over your blog and happy to say, a new follower :) This pink lemonade ice cream looks DIVINE. So perfect for a hot summer day! Can’t wait to try this next time I get the ice cream maker out.

• Kim Bee says

I wish I lived somewhere warm all the time. I hate the cold. I think I was adopted, I cannot possibly be Canadian.

I have been thinking that it’s time to start making ice cream, too. I even picked up some ice cream salt this week! Your staging of the ice cream melting makes me want to lick my screen (how’s that for saying delicious without saying delicious even though I just said delicious three times?) Why is pink lemonade so much more fun to drink than it’s drab sister?

• Kim Bee says

Okay what? What is ice cream salt? How do I not know about this? Where do I find it?

Thanks so much. I thought your description was delicious.

Totally cuz it’s pink. So much fun and cute.

So, OK, I definitely need to get an ice cream maker EVEN THOUGH we really only get about two weeks of warm weather in Scotland, and we’ve had one of them already… Molly RIngwald dancing in The Breakfast Club, that is what we should remember. The collar should be left in the eighties, where it belongs.

• Kim Bee says

I loved her in Breakfast Club. She was much better in that one. Sixteen Candles is my fave I think. You must get an ice cream maker. I do ice cream all year round. I’m crazy like that.

Yes! The collar on that dress was totally bizarre! Actually, even my teenage self didn’t really like the dress. But this ice cream…wow. Gorgeous color, and love the photos of the cone on its side.

• Kim Bee says

The original dress would have been good all on it’s own. The collar was strange. Thanks. I had fun shooting this one.

10. Lora @cakeduchess says

Molly Ringwald is now on Twitter, btw;)I love this color and LOVE pink lemonade. The photo of the ice-cream cone sitting in a melted puddle of deliciousness should be illegal…wowsers!xx

• Kim Bee says

I googled that after you told me and laughed. Maybe she’ll read this. Gah! I loved this ice cream, cute and tasty. Good combo.

I adore ice cream but it does NOT adore me back so I have to live vicariously through others. And when I saw that top photo I knew I had to check out the post. What a gorgeous photo – you captured everything wonderful about summer and ice cream!

12. Andrea deSherbinin says

Hi Kim
    This recipe looks fantastic and I LOVE your pictures.
    I want to try this recipe but I’m not sure how much a 1/2 tin of pink lemonade concentrate is. We have more than one size frozen containers of concentrate at our store. What size container did you use?
    I’m looking forward to more of your recipes :)

• Kim Bee says

Hi Andrea. I just saw this so going to respond here but in case you don’t see it I’ll also send you an email. First of all thank you so much. I really enjoyed this photo shoot so much. Ice cream can be tricky to take photos of so I like to get creative. Secondly I used MinuteMaid Pink Lemonade in the 295ml size. Hope that helps. Half a container was great. I was worried a full one would give it too much zing but you could certainly try using more if you feel experimental. I’m going to play around with this and make sorbet with it too soon. I think it would be lovely as a sorbet or sherbet. Hope this helped. Feel free to email me if I ever seem M.I.A., sometimes spam grabs comments or they get buried under other comments and I miss them from time to time. Let me know how you like it. xx