This easy to make Chocolate and Peanut Butter Bark is a real crowd pleaser. The chocolates are marbled together then topped with Skor Bits.
This is pure chocolate and peanut butter heaven, with little nuggets of toffee on top. If you like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate this recipe is for you.
If you like easy recipes this is also for you. This one take just a few minutes to make.
The downside is it only takes a few minutes to devour as well. So make a lot. Then regroup, and make some more.
Trust me. You’ll thank me for that advice one day.
I love making chocolate bark. It goes back to my childhood. My dad loved bark, he would go cuckoo for it at Christmastime. Anyone who asked what dad wanted for Christmas was told Laura Secord Bark.
My dad was hard to buy for so we all took his shopping advice and he would end up with piles and piles of bark. He would then hoard the bark so it would last all year long.
Since I was also a huge chocolate bark fan I learned the only way to pry dad away from the Laura Secord was to impress him with other homemade variations.
I have so many amazing memories that revolve around chocolate bark. It always put a smile on my dad’s face, and let’s just say that was not an easy thing to do. So I take great joy in the fact that my chocolate treats made my dad smile.
Now every time I make them they make me smile too, and think about my dad. And his giant love of all things chocolate.
So live it up a little. Make this on the weekend for no other reason than you want to indulge a little bit.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1½ cups (250 g) milk chocolate chips
- 1½ cups (250 g) peanut butter chips
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) shortening
- ½ cup (250 g) skor toffee bits
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt the milk chocolate chips on medium heat for about 1 minute, check the chocolate by stirring it, if not melted you can turn on again for 30 seconds. Check and stir again. Repeat if necessary. The chocolate should be smooth.
- In a second microwave safe bowl combine the shortening and peanut butter chips and microwave on medium heat for 1 minute, check the peanut butter chips by stirring it, if not melted you can turn on again for 30 seconds. Check and stir again. Repeat if necessary. The peanut butter chips should be smooth.
- Spoon each one alternately in lines on the pan you line with parchment paper. Just add it randomly, doesn't need to be any rhyme or reason to it. Continue until all the melted chocolate and peanut butter is on the sheet. Now take a butter knife and start to pull it through the colours to create a marble effect. I like to do mine in lines and pull straight through. I like the look of it. But design yours any way your little heart desires.
- Toss the skor toffee bits on top.
- Place the cookie sheet in the fridge for about an hour to set up.
- Remove from the fridge and break into pieces.
- Serve with a big old chocolate and peanut butter smile!
Hope you get a chance to try this. It’s spectacular. I love chocolate and peanut together. It’s a flavour combination classic for a reason.
You can swirl this any way you like. Grab a knife and just go to town. Make patterns and enjoy the process. Then inhale the whole batch in 1.399 seconds.
Thanks for letting me share some memories of my dad today. Some days he’s on my mind a lot. Especially when I bake because he loved sweets so much. I miss being able to run new recipes over to him to try. He was always a willing taste tester. I miss that. Bonding over chocolate, it was kind of our thing.
I encourage you to go bond over some chocolate with someone today. You’re not just making treats, you’re making memories. That’s everything in life.
For more chocolate cravings:
Curb more chocolate cravings by making these:
Marble Bark with Pistachios an Fleur de Sel, pictured above
Mendiant, pictured above
Marble Bark, pictured above
If you love chocolate and peanut together check out these recipes:
- Peanut Butter Bonanza Ice Cream
- Baked Fudge with Peanut Butter Cups
- Peanut Butter and Chocolate Brownies
- Peanut Butter, Banana and Chocolate Banana Splits
- Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge topped with Chocolate & Mini Peanut Butter Cups
Tune in tomorrow for a frying pan giveaway, and coming soon is my first reader appreciation giveaway. Slow Cooker Saturdays kicks off this week too. Lots of good stuff coming your way.
Toodles and smoochies! xx