This Chocolate-Hazelnut Skillet Cookie is packed with chocolate chips, chocolate chunks, and chopped hazelnuts. It’s the perfect bite every time!
“Welcome to day 2 of Cookie Week, hosted by Susan of The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen, and myself. We’ve teamed together with 10 other talented bloggers to bring you 5 fantastic days of cookie recipes to get you in to the holiday spirits.”
I shared a recipe for a chocolate packed skillet cookie yesterday. I was so blown away by that recipe that I made multiple versions of it. I was going to hang on to this one until Christmas but I just loved it so much I had to share it with you right away. It’s basically just the same recipe with the addition of hazelnuts. But that addition will blow you mind.
Once you make this I want to make sure you top it with whip cream, ice cream, chocolate and more hazelnuts. It will blow you mind. I could not stop munching it while taking photos. I was standing in the studio after shooting this with a skillet in one hand, a tiny spoon in the other and a huge smile on my face.
I was so immersed in shoving this in my face that when the doorbell rang I literally said “screw that”, and just stood in the studio continuing to eat this at rapid speed. Luckily the UPS dude is used to my antics and left the parcel on the porch. I think the one time I showed up covered in red velvet batter might have scared the dude, he may be a bit traumatized. Who could blame him really. I looked like I just walked out of scene from The Walking Dead. Poor guy!
This was totally worth ditching the UPS dude for. I mean I can get a parcel any day of the week, but it’s not every day I get to eat skillet cookies covered in heavenly toppings.
Now go whip up one yourself. Make sure you turn it into a sundae, you will thank you. It’s worth the extra calories. Who needs a waistline when you can eat things like this!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 2 sticks (1 cup) butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, mix well on low to medium speed.
- Now add the vanilla and eggs to the mixer, whisk until combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, mixing with a spoon or fork until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer slowly, mix on low to medium speed until combined.
- Now add both kinds of chocolate chips, and the hazelnuts to the bowl, mix by hand.
- Spray the cast iron skillet(s) with non-stick spray.
- Spoon the cookie mixture into one 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet, or two 6 inch cast iron skillets.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron skillet(s) from the oven.
- You can top with ice cream, if desired. This is best served warm.
- Serve with a big old hazelnut loving smile!
Make sure to stop by and see what else is baking up today.
- White Chocolate Cranberry Macadamia Nut Cookies by The Girl In the Little Red Kitchen
- Fudge Filled Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups by Chocolate Moosey
- Guava Thumbprint Cookies by Mind Over Batter
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Oreo Cookies by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Pineapple Cookies with Vanilla Rum Glaze by Cooking in Stilettos
Giveaway is now closed. Thanks to everyone who entered. We love hosting these events and hope you enjoy the heck out of them.
Want more cookie inspiration? Swing by the links below.
My Cookie Week 2014 Creations:
- Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Cookie
- S’mores Cookies
- Pink Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cookies
My Cookie Week 2013 Creations:
Toodles and smoochies! xx