These S’mores Cookies are easy to make and loaded with graham crackers, mini marshmallows and chocolate. It’s the perfect bite every time.
Honestly, get ready to get seriously addicted to s’mores cookies. These cookies are going to become a family favourite!
I’m going to let you in on a little secret. These are the best s’mores cookies you will ever eat! No lie, they are incredible.
Years ago they were featured on a TV show you may remember called The Chew. Tracy Pollan made them on the show and everyone raved about them.
Obviously I had to try them for myself. I mean, if they’re good enough for Michael J. Fox, they’re good enough for me.
Honestly, they really are the best s’mores cookies I’ve ever tried. This isn’t just another celebrity recipe, Tracy clearly knows how to bake.
So, in addition to delicious chocolate, these cookies are packed with graham crumbs and marshmallows too.
In all honesty, I cannot get enough of these beauties especially during the holiday season. I’ve made them time and time again. They are so darn good!
Give them a try them for yourself. You will freak out when you taste these bad boys. Be sure to come back and let me know what you think of them.
Ingredients for S’mores Cookies
Be sure to scroll to the recipe card for FULL ingredients and directions!
- Graham crackers – I used full size graham crackers for this recipe and then smashed them. You can skip that step and just buy graham crumbs if you prefer.
- Butter – Either salted or unsalted works in this recipe. Use your personal preference. To clarify, it should be room temperature.
- Sugar – I used granulated and light brown sugar in this recipe. That combination will give the cookies the perfect flavour.
- Vanilla extract – Any kind will do.
- Eggs – Large eggs are used for these cookies.
- Flour – I used all purpose flour for this recipe. If you need to substitute gluten free just be aware the consistency of the cookies may be slightly different.
- Baking soda – Don’t skip this ingredient if you want a nice fluffy cookie.
- Salt – You can adjust the amount based on your own taste or needs.
- Chocolate chips – I used milk chocolate but feel free to use any kind you prefer.
- Mini marshmallows – Feel free to swap out for multi-coloured ones if you like.
- Chocolate bars – Personally, I think using Hershey is the way to go but feel free to use whatever kind you love!
Directions for S’mores Cookies
Be sure to scroll to the recipe card for FULL ingredients and directions!
- First, preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Then, line a cookie sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Next, crush the graham crackers and set aside.
- Beat butter, both sugars and vanilla in a stand mixer until smooth.
- Then, add the eggs. Mix again.
- In another bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt. Stir.
- Next up, you want to add the dry ingredients to the mixer. Turn it on slowly then amp it up to higher speed to mix.
- Then, turn mixer off, remove the bowl and add the chocolate chips and crushed graham crackers. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Use a spoon to drop cookie dough on the cookie sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Next, place the chocolate pieces and marshmallows in each cookie while they are still warm.
- Lastly, allow the cookies to cool
- Serve or store cookies!
Tips for making s’mores cookies
- If you can’t find graham crackers you can substitute digestive cookies. You could also use Biscoff cookies if you can find them. Honestly, I think crushed gingersnaps would be great in this recipe too.
- You can use any kind of chocolate pieces. I used Hershey’s but feel free to substitute whatever you like. Jersey Milk is a good alternative in Canada. Also, don’t hesitate to use dark chocolate if that’s your thing.
- Mini marshmallows are perfect for this recipe. If you cannot find them you can use regular marshmallows and break the into smaller pieces. Another option is coloured mini marshmallows if you can find them. Those would be fun if you’re making these with the kiddos.
- Be sure to preheat your oven before baking them. This step is always crucial when baking cookies.
- Personally, I like using parchment paper when making cookies. You could also use a non-stick baking mat.
- Some folks prefer to refrigerate cookie dough before baking. In all honesty, I don’t think it’s necessary for these cookies. That said, if you like doing it that way knock yourself out.
- If you want to jazz them up even more you can add sprinkles, nuts, peanut butter chips, cinnamon chips or even dried fruit.
How to store cookies:
- First of all, always make sure you allow them to cool completely.
- Store the cookies in an air tight container at room temperature. Be sure to use waxed paper or parchment paper to separate the layers of cookies.
- Do not mix with other types of cookies. They will actually take on the flavour of the other cookies if you store too many types in one container.
- Lastly, cookies can be stored at room temperature for 1 to 2 weeks. Personally, I think a week is best if you want them to taste fresh.
Tips for freezing cookies
- Personally, I like using a freezer bag. Make sure you remove all the excess air out before sealing the bag.
- Again, if you are using a container be sure to use waxed paper or parchment paper between the layers. Put a layer of waxed paper over top of the final layer then make sure you lid is snapped on super tight.
- Use a marker to add the date to the freezer bag or container.
- Lastly, cookies can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months if stored properly.
More cookie recipes
- Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Cookie
- Pink Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cookies
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Shortbread Christmas Mice
- Candy Topped Toffee Squares by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
- 6 full graham cracker sheets
- 1/2 lb butter room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup mini marshmallows
- (TWO) 1.55 oz milk chocolate bars separated into 24 squares, then halved
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor, or pop them in a ziploc and whack the heck out of it with a rolling pin. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla on medium speed until it's creamy, it should take about a minute.
- Now add the eggs, mix for another minute, until combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl mix the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Now add those separate dry ingredients you just mixed in the medium sized bowl to the ingredients in the mixer and whisk for about a minute.
- Turn off the mixer, remove the bowl, then stir the chocolate chips and graham crumbs in with a spoon.
- Use a spoon to drop the dough in mounds on the cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake until golden, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately place one or two pieces of chocolate and 4 marshmallows into each cookie.
- Allow to cool. Good freaking luck with this step. For real.
- Place next batch in oven till all dough is cooked. Repeat the chocolate and marshmallow routine. Repeat trying not to eat them all while they cool.
- Serve with a big old s'mores loving smile.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.