This easy Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie is loaded with chocolate chips and chocolate chunks. If you love chocolate this cast iron skillet cookie is for you!
Chocolate chip skillet cookies are so fun to make and this one is no exception! It has double the chocolate which is always a good thing in my book.
I love cookies. However, I rarely post cookies. Mostly because I rarely make cookies. We tend to be the kind of people who once we find a great recipe we don't veer from it often. So I seldom try new cookie recipes. I also rarely try new brownie recipes. We already have our favourites so I've gotten lazy about experimenting with others.
This recipe is one I've eyed up on The Pioneer Woman's site for a while now. So, I thought I'd kick off Cookie Week with this bad boy. It's a great recipe.
I've now made 4 different versions of it. I figure if you're going to do a thing, do it all the way. Then buy bigger pants.
So. check out this scrumptiously easy double chocolate skillet cookie. The more chocolate, the better.
I apologize for the giant thumb print in the ice cream photo. Ha! I asked hubs to help me get this ready for photos so I could quickly snap the shot. He was so sweet, and scooped 3 perfectly shaped ice cream choices for me. All of which seemed to have freezer burn, so someone should probably clean out the freezer! *looks around for someone to blame, oh, ya, that's me*
Then when I asked him to carefully place the scoop on top he just sort of grabbed it with his giant hands, and tossed it haphazardly on the cookie. Um, no! Just no. Did I mention the word no?
You know you're a food blogger when you question someone for not carrying a prop kit in their pocket.
"Where's your plastic tongs for placing the ice cream", probably not the gratitude the dude was looking for. Being married to a food blogger comes with weirdness. Luckily the food makes up for it. Hopefully!
If you love this chocolate chip skillet cookie, try these:
- Chocolate and Hazelnut Skillet Cookie
- S'mores Cookies
- Pink Coconut Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Cookies
- Black Forest Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Fudge Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- Shortbread Christmas Mice
- Cranberry, White Chocolate, Crystallized Ginger Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Double Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a stand mixer combine the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar, mix well on low to medium speed.
- Now add the vanilla and eggs to the mixer, whisk until combined.
- In a separate medium sized bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt, mixing with a spoon or fork until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixer slowly, mix on low to medium speed until combined.
- Now add both kinds of chocolate chips to the bowl, mix by hand.
- Spray the cast iron skillet(s) with non-stick spray.
- Spoon the cookie mixture into one 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet, or two 6 inch cast iron skillets.
- Place in oven and bake for about 25 to 35 minutes.
- Remove the cast iron skillet(s) from the oven.
- You can top with ice cream, if desired. This is best served warm.
- Serve with a big old cookie loving smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.