A holiday tradition known as Chocolate Saltine Toffee to some people, and more recently known as Christmas Crack. I don’t care what you call it as long as you share some with me!
Welcome to Day 2 of Christmas Week. This annual event was started was something I started way back in 2012. This year we have over 35 bloggers sharing festive sweet recipes for the event. Plus we all chipped in for a huge Amazon Gift Card Giveaway so be sure to enter at the bottom of the post!
Another day, another holiday treat. This one is a bit unusual for me. I tend to shy away from trends. I really don’t care for the trend of calling all food “crack”. It irks me. Yet here I am calling this Christmas Crack. The only reason I’m calling it that is because it’s what people know it as.
So I apologize if anyone hates the name. Or if anyone else is as irked by the “crack” trend as I am. I named it both names that I know it as in the hopes people would know what it was. It’s basically an easy candy recipe you can make in a snap with very few ingredients. Score!
I will warn you to watch the caramel mixture as you are warming it up on the stove. Honestly, it can go from a beautiful golden brown to a hideous burned mess in no time flat. So keep your eyes on it and be ready to pull it off the stovetop quickly. Don’t cook it at high heat. You’ll scorch it!
Now that I’ve scared the crud out of you, and likely offended some people with the name of this treat let’s move on to the giveaway. I want ALL of you to scroll to the bottom of the post to enter for your chance to win a super de duper awesome giveaway.
A bunch of us bloggers got together to chip in on a killer prize for Christmas Week. We’re giving away 1 x $500 Amazon Gift Card, 1 x $250 Amazon Gift Card, and 1 x $50 Amazon Gift Card. You heard that right. $800 in prizes for Christmas Week. We’ll pull 3 winners, one for each prize.
So be sure to scroll to the bottom to enter. Don’t freak out or get overwhelmed by the number of entry options. The only required one is a blog comment. The rest are just extras for people who really dig contesting. If you’re not into following lots of peeps all you have to do is comment on this post.
However, if you do dig following lots of bloggers, and getting extra entries for giveaways then have at it. Enter as many times as you like. Bloggers love to be followed on social media so we gave you lots of options for following all of us. I can promise you these bloggers rock. So following would be cool.
If you’d like to get to know the bloggers involved you can scroll the links below. There’s over 35 of us participating in Christmas Week this year. It’s a great group of bloggers and I’m so happy they all joined me for this adventure.
Participants for Christmas Week:
- Cravings of a Lunatic
- Desserts Required
- Poet in the Pantry
- The Redhead Baker
- Pineapple and Coconut
- All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Cooking on the Front Burner
- The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Crumb: A Food Blog
- The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Amee’s Savory Dish
- Comfortably Domestic
- Food Done Light
- Farm Fresh Feasts
- Flour On My Face
- Mother Would Know
- Food Lust People Love
- My Catholic Kitchen
- Daily Appetite
- Try Anything Once Culinary
- That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Savory Experiments
- Cooking In Stilettos
- Food Babbles
- Mind Over Batter
- Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Big Bear’s Wife
- Everyday Southwest
- From Gate to Plate
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Savoring Italy
- Dixie Chik Cooks
- The Tomato Tart
- Aloha Flavor
- CopyKat Recipes
Recipes from Day 2 of Christmas Week! Please visit all our talented participants:
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack aka Chocolate Saltine Toffee from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Caramel and Chocolate Fudge from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cranberry Bliss White Chocolate Bark from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls from Food Done Light
- Maple Doodles from Farm Fresh Feasts
- Blue & White Christmas Bark from Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Spiced Pear and Cranberry Coffee Cake from From Gate to Plate
- Cranberry Cake with Orange Glaze from Lauren Kelly Nutrition
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 30 saltine crackers
- 225 g of mini peanut butter cups
- 1 cup walnut pieces, crushed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray a 11 x 7 baking pan with non-stick spray generously. Set aside.
- Combine the butter and brown sugar in a medium saucepan and cook on medium heat for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the butter melts and the mixture is very well combined. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Increase heat a tiny little bit, and bring the mixture to a low boil, you want to cook it for about 2 to 3 minutes, just so it starts to thicken a bit and turn golden brown. Don't stir it during the process, but you can lightly swirl the pan. Keep a really close eye on it because it can go from a beautiful golden brown to a burnt mess in no time flat. As soon as it turns amber turn off the heat and swirl so it doesn't overcook.
- Place the crackers in layers in the pan while the mixture is cooking. I used 30 crackers to line my 11 x 7 pan. It made two layers.
- Pour the sugar mixture over top of the crackers as evenly as you can. Place the pan in the oven and cook for about 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Toss peanut butter cups over top and cover the pan with foil to help them melt a bit more. Leave covered for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Uncover and top with walnut pieces.
- Allow the bars to cool completely. Then break or cut into pieces.
- Serve with a big old chocolate loving smile!
This stuff is seriously addictive!!
So, all us bloggers participating in Christmas Week chipped in the funds to host an amazing Amazon Gift Card Giveaway. We’re giving away 3 Prizes. 1st Prize is a $500 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. 2nd Prize is a $250 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. And 3rd Prize is a $50 Amazon Gift Card for 1 lucky winner. Giveaway will run from December 7, 2015 to December 26, 2015.
Giveaway is open to U.S. and Canada. All prizes will be paid via Amazon.com so there are no issues with exchanges rates. Winner must be 18 years of age. Winner will be notified via email. Winner has 72 hours to respond before a new winner is drawn. Winner will be asked a skill testing question.
PIN this Giveaway to share with all your friends and family!
Keep tuning in all week for more great Christmas Week Recipes!