These Snowflake Oreo Cookie Balls are a delicious no bake Christmas recipe. Make them for all your family and friends this holiday season!
I love OREO Cookies. It’s a love like no other…..
Have I told you lately that I love you? Have I told you there’s no one else above you? Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness. Ease my troubles, that’s what you do!
These Oreo Cookie Balls are always a hit with everyone who tries them. To be honest, I eat about half of them myself.
Honestly, they are so simple to make. Not only are they easy but they are crazy good.
You only need a few ingredients, and you can make them fairly quickly.
Not only can you use frosting to pipe the design, but you can also top them with sprinkles or crushed peppermints.
You can also make my White Chocolate OREO Cookie Balls if you prefer white cookie balls.
If you make them be sure to tag me on Instagram, or post a photo to my Facebook wall. I would love to see how you put your own twist on these cookie balls.
What are Oreo Cookie Balls:
- Oreo Cookie Balls are basically crushed Oreo cookies that are mixed with cream cheese. They are then coated with melted chocolate or candy melts. Most are topped with things like crushed peppermints, Oreo crumbs, or sprinkles.
- Mine were topped with a snowflake design piped with frosting.
- Cream Cheese – Personally, I love Philly cream cheese but use whatever kind you prefer.
- Oreo Cookies – Use real Oreo cookies for this one. Nothing else compares.
- Chocolate – Use any kind of white chocolate or white baking chocolate. You can also use white or red candy melts.
- Food Colouring – I used red gel food colouring for mine.
- Icing – I used the kind you buy pre-made in a tiny tube.
How to Make Oreo Cookie Balls:
First, mix softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
Then, shape the mixture into 48 (1-inch) balls with your hands. Roll then between two hands until they resemble a small ball.
Next, place each ball on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
Melt white chocolate and tint with red food colouring before using to coat cookie balls. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or icing to resemble a snowflake as shown in photo.
Lastly, refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated until you are ready to serve them.
Step by Step Photos Below:
First, you want to grab 36 OREO Cookies and crush them.
Next, use a food processor or ziploc bag and a rolling pin to crush cookies.
They will resemble fine crumbs. So pretty, right!
Then, mix those fine OREO crumbs with cream cheese.
Here is a close up of the OREO cookie ball filling.
Next, roll the mixture into 1 inch balls. Then freeze them.
Then, melt the chocolate, take the cookie balls out of the freezer and start dipping.
Next, drop each OREO Cookie Ball into the melted chocolate, or candy melts.
Then, roll each cookie ball around in the chocolate to coat evenly.
Next, remove each cookie ball from chocolate using a fork.
Then, place cookie balls on a cookie sheet or pan.
Next, top with cookie crumbs, or pipe on snowflakes.
Make snowflakes by piping the design on, or use a toothpick to make shape.
How to Store:
- Just to clarify, Oreo cookie balls must be stored in the fridge since they contain cream cheese.
- Store them in an airtight container. Wrap them up tightly. The less air in the container means they will last longer.
- They will last for 3 to 4 weeks in the fridge if stores correctly.
- You can also store them in the freezer for 3 to 4 months.
- Lastly, be especially gentle with them when removing them so they don’t crack.
More Christmas Recipes:
- Oreo Bark
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate and Peppermint Wands
- S’mores Cookies
- Microwave Pistachio Brittle
- White Chocolate Oreo Cookie Balls
- Easy Chocolate Peppermint Fudge
- Coconut Filled Sandwich Cookies
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Snowflake OREO Cookie Balls
- Mix softened cream cheese and cookie crumbs until well blended.
- Shape the mixture into 48 (1-inch) balls with your hands. Roll then between two hands until they resemble a small ball.
- Place each ball on a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate and tint with red food colouring before using to coat cookie balls. Dip balls in melted chocolate; place in single layer in shallow waxed paper-lined pan. Drizzle with additional melted chocolate or icing to resemble a snowflake as shown in photo.
- Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm. Keep refrigerated.
Thanks for visiting today!
After that, please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes as well as fun DIY projects.
Lastly, be sure to follow me on Instagram. It’s actually a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.