This Saffron Ice Cream is a simple and delicious no egg recipe ice cream recipe. The flavour of this ice cream is absolutely divine!
Oscar night is fast approaching. I plan on strapping on a ball gown and thanking everyone all night long. Seriously, I might even go thank some of the neighbours. A girl's gotta be gracious, right!
I love award shows but seriously why are there so many? Normal people don't host Mommy Award Season or Construction Worker Award Night.
It's odd how often Hollywood wants to pat themselves on the back. Aren't the bags of money enough?
Okay, so I say to the Actress of the year, if you really are grateful and mean it, then send me your bags of money to prove it. We'll see who's thankful a week later after paying off my mortgage, tuition and bills. Heck, I might even have enough left for an epic run to Sephora. A girl's gotta look good, right!
I really could care less who wins. I just want to see an actress who gets 20 million per movie trip walking up to the podium. That's why I watch.
Nothing says we're all equal like tripping. Or forgetting to thank your spouse while the music cuts you off.
These are the things I live for. A girl's gotta have goals right!
I plan on eating this ice cream in my jammies while curled up with a blankie, and eating a pound of pistachios. A girl's gotta indulge, right!
This is one of the best ice creams ever. So, the Oscar goes to the Lunatic's Saffron Ice Cream. "I'd like to thank all the folks who make this possible. Now send me bags and bags of money". A girl's gotta dream, right!
- Saffron - I used saffron threads for this ice cream recipe. Buy good quality ingredients.
- Milk - Use whole milk for this ice cream, you want the rich flavour it provides.
- Sugar - White granulated sugar works best for this recipe.
- Salt - Adding a pinch of salt enhances the sweetness of this ice cream. Do not omit.
- Heavy Cream - The high fat content is crucial to a rich and creamy ice cream
- Vanilla - I used vanilla extract for this recipe but almond would work well too.
How to Make Saffron Ice Cream:
- Heat milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Toss in saffron threads and allow the milk to come to a low boil. Remove from heat, cover and allow to rest for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover and allow milk to cool. You can pop it in the fridge for a bit if needed. Strain threads from milk
- Combine milk, sugar and salt in a stand mixer bowl. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract, mix again until mixtures thickens.
- Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Remove from the fridge and transfer the ice cream mixture to an ice cream maker bowl. Place on ice cream machine and churn for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can eat it right away or store it in the freezer until desired.
- Remember to remove ice cream from the freezer about 5 to 10 minutes before you plan on serving it so it's easier to scoop.
More Ice Cream Recipes:
- Roasted Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Strawberry Sherbert in Cooky Cups
- Apple Crisp Ice Cream
- Brownie Explosion Ice Cream Sundae
- Copycat Moosetracks Ice Cream
- Vegan Toasted Coconut Ice Cream
- Oreo Ice Cream
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream
- Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Saffron Ice Cream
- Over medium heat, bring milk to a low boil with saffron threads in it. Once it boils set it to simmer, cover and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- Allow milk to cool off a bit. You can just transfer it to a bowl or stick in the fridge for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a mixer combine the saffron infused milk, sugar, and salt. Mix until sugar dissolves.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla, mix until well blended.
- Cover this and stick in the fridge for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now transfer this liquid to your frozen ice cream maker bowl, set it on the ice cream maker stand, and turn on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- You can eat it right away or pop it in the freezer. Just remember to take it out 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more dessert recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more ice cream recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Kim, this looks amazing. Saffron in ice cream? I'm all in!
Thanks so much Cassie. It is so subtle but good. It really went incredibly well with the vanilla. I am in love with this recipe.
Mmm, this definitely has fancy Oscar party all over it!
Aw, thanks. It is pretty special. Loved it.
What a neat idea for ice cream, twin!! You da man...erhmmm, woman!
You're taking me with you to Sephora right? With a side trip to Godiva chocolate shop and Bath and Body Works??
Thanks twin. I am woman, hear me roar, or purr. Whatever.
Yes, Sephora, Godiva, Purdy's. Williams Sonoma, and BBB. Watch out world. The twins are being let loose.
Your blog looks fantastic! And so does this ice cream 🙂
Thank you so much. Nothing like ice cream for any occasion.
I didn't even watch the oscars this year...or see any of the nominated movies! I need to catch up...but you're so right about all that. Anyway, this ice cream is out of this world!! I've had saffron ice cream a few times and it's one of my favorite, most underrated flavors. Great photos too!
I felt bad, I am usually a total movie nut but there were tons I had not seen. Very rare for me.
This is so subtle but so tasty. I fell in love with it. Thanks. I actually managed to get some decent natural light photos for a change.
Haha, I watched with several guys, but they're all art school graduates and so pick cinematography apart. 🙂
I looove saffron, it sounds fantastic in an ice cream!
My son is a creative writing major so he's all about the story. I am a girlie girl so I am all about the clothes. Lol. I liked the interview things they did in between this year, that was kind of interesting hearing stars memories.
Thanks. It is really good. I was so floored by this one.
Stephanie @ Eat. Drink. Love.
I don't really care for the award show itself as much as I just enjoy the red carpet. This ice cream looks so creamy and delicious! Love the use of saffron here!
We missed the red carpet. Was making paczki's. Dang.
Thanks. I have to say I love this one above all others. Well except the chocolate fudge brownie pistachio.
Nope, didn't make top 10, you made Top 9 !!! Congrats!
I love me an ice cream without eggs. Plain is always good ... you can always throw in a cake or 2 with it. 😀
Better get a bigger mailbox.
Did I mention I love your new look?
Well this vanilla and saffron pairing make an excellent couple for parading up the red carpet, Kim. Congratulations! SPEECH.
I think sometimes the only reason to watch the oscars is the clothes. But Billy Crystal is pretty great too. Such beautiful ice cream!
Congratulations on Top 9, well deserved!
Loving this ice cream!! Great idea to use saffron. 🙂 Congrats on making Top 9! ~ Ramona 🙂
Saffron Ice Cream sounds so exotic and delicious:) Congratulations on Foodbuzz Top 9.
OOO yum! I've never thought of using saffron in a dessert 🙂 Congrats for being top 9!
This sounds so delicious and looks so pretty too! I could totally eat this for breakfast right now.
Who doesn't love saffron? And in ice cream form? Even better! Great recipe and photos. Congratulations on a very much deserved Top 9 Kim!! =]
Saffron ice cream sounds fab! Congrats on the Top 9 today!
Jen at The Three Little Piglets
I'm such a dork that I totally missed them! Despite the 10,000 recipes on various blogs for Oscar night I still somehow thought it was this weekend! Can you say LOSER? I need to get my act together...
Jenn and Seth (@HomeSkilletCook)
saffron in ice cream? genius! thanks for sharing!!
I love this saffron icecream recipe. It looks so creamy and delicious.