This recipe is incredibly easy to make, but packed with intense flavour. Every bite is filled with bell peppers, onions and chicken, all wrapped up in a fabulous tortilla.
This post is sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc., Circle Foods LLC, and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are my own. Thanks to all the companies, and readers, who help support Cravings of a Lunatic.
I love summer. For me it’s all about spending as much time outside as possible. We’re always at the barn with the horses, or out in the back yard taking care of the flower gardens.
Most of the time I can be found out in the back grilling up a storm. I love grilling in the summer. However some days it’s literally just too darn hot to grill. Those days call for the slow cooker.
I hit up Walmart of all of my supplies for this meal. We dig shopping there, it’s one stop shopping in a friendly environment. Nothing beats friendly staff while you shop for groceries.
My cart was full by the time I walked out of Walmart. I grabbed a bag of Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken, some Wishbone® Italian Dressing, and some TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas.
Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken is perfect for busy families. You can whip up a delicious protein packed dinner that is simple and convenient to make. That works for me. I’m a busy gal.
Wishbone® Italian Dressing is a robust, full-flavoured dressing that packs a serious punch in recipes. It’s loaded with herbs and seasonings, plus it has no high fructose corn syrup.
TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas is made with 5 simple ingredients and no preservatives. You can find them in the refrigerated section of Walmart. They are so easy to use, and delicious.
Recipes made in the slow cooker are typically simple and easy. You just layer the ingredients, and add your own special touches, hit the start button, then let the slow cooker work its magic.
I put a layer of sweet onions on the bottom of the slow cooker, then I added 4 kinds of bell peppers. After that I added the chicken, and dressing, plus some spices. It’s really that simple.
Now I highly recommend you run off to Walmart to pick up all the ingredients you need to make this recipe. Slow Cooker Chicken Fajitas are the perfect way to celebrate summer. Without the heat!
Celebrate #SummerGoodness with Walmart, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing, Tyson® Grilled & Ready® Chicken, and TortillaLand® Flour Tortillas!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 sweet onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 red pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 orange pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 green pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 package of Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken
- 1 bottle of Wishbone Italian Dressing
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- Place the onions on the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle brown sugar over top.
- Place the sliced red, orange, yellow, and green peppers over top.
- Place the chicken over top in an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl combine the Italian dressing, and all the spices. Whisk until combined. Pour over the ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker on low and cook for approximately 4 to 6 hours, depending on how soft you like your peppers and onions.
- Once the slow cooker is one give the ingredients a good stir and transfer to a bowl or platter. Drain any excess liquid.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat and place a tortilla inside, cook for 1 minute, flip and cook 1 minute more. Transfer tortilla to a platter. Repeat with as many tortillas as you need.
- Top each tortilla with the fajita mixture. Pile each one as high as you like, then dig in.
- Serve with a big old Fajita loving smile!
Seriously, these are SO easy to make and SO delicious!
More Summer Goodness Recipes to Inspire You:
Easy Chicken Teriyaki Bowls from Cravings of a Lunatic
Caprese Chicken Salad Pasta from Spaceships and Laser Beams
Chopped Italian Dinner Salad from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Italian Chicken & Vegetable Kabobs from Wishbone
Balsamic Chicken and Pears from Tyson
PIN THIS TO YOUR FAVOURITE CHICKEN RECIPES BOARD!
Be sure to check out my recipe index if you’re looking for more fabulous chicken recipes. There is a wide variety of easy recipes that will make dinner time a snap! Swing by the dessert recipes for a sweet treat too!
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest and Instagram to keep up to date on all the latest recipe from the blog. Every recipe gets posted to social media as soon as it hits the blog. So it’s a great way to stay current.