Ooey, gooey, fudgy brownies that will become a family favourite. I rarely make any other brownie recipe because we love this one so much!
I'm a sucker for ooey, gooey, fudgy brownies. Chocolate brownies are my weakness. This recipe gives you a fudgy brownie with crackly tops every single time. It's brownie perfection!
They really are the best brownies in the world. Yes I know, I know, this is quite a claim. But seriously they are and that is, in fact, their name. So who am I to argue.
A friend sent me this link about a year ago I think. She had found a recipe for the best brownies in the world. Well, that got my attention, for sure.
Of course when someone makes a claim like that you just have to investigate further. If for no other reason than to prove them wrong. I mean who dares to say they make the best brownies in the whole world. So I did in fact investigate. And they are in fact the best brownies in the world.
If you like fudgy brownies these are for YOU! If you like cake-like brownies, then your hunt continues. Run off now you cake brownie loving folks. No need to read further. This is for fellow chewy, ooey, gooey, messy brownies lovers.
If you are in fact a chewy, ooey, gooey, messy brownies lover...well, you've come to the right place. Pull up a chair and hold on tight to it cuz I'm about to blow the roof off the joint. Y'all ready for this?
Oh small disclaimer, these are not my brownies. Well, I did, in fact, make them. But the recipe is not mine. I am not a genius. That distinguished honour goes to Alta from Tasty Eats At Home.
If you have not been to Alta's blog you should go, run there now. Or look at the brownies first then run there. I have tried to adapt these to no avail. I attempted to make them better but I honestly don't think it's possible.
So at some point during your reading of this post go visit Alta's blog, you need to stop by and check out her brownie recipe. Say hello, look around, enjoy her blog. She knows her stuff.
More Great Chocolate Dessert Recipes:
- Potato Chip Toffee
- Mini Peanut Butter Cup Christmas Crack
- Chocolate Crunch Bites
- Chocolate Marshmallow Bars
- Homemade Snickers Cheesecake Bars
- Chocolate Caramel Pecan Candies
- Chocolate Tacos
- More Chocolate Recipes
Tools and Supplies Used for This Recipe:
This list contains Amazon Affiliate Links so I make a small commission if you purchase items.
- 8 x 8 inch Baking Pan- These pans are essential for baking on a regular basis. Many recipes call for square 8 x 8 inch pans so it's worth having a couple in your cupboards.
- Wooden Spoon- I have so many different brands of wooden spoons. I love using them for baking and making fudge. You can never have enough wooden spoons.
- Parchment Paper- I use Kirkland parchment paper because I can buy it from Amazon or Costco. I buy a two pack because I use a lot of it.
- Unsweetened Chocolate- I keep a few boxes of this on hand in my pantry at all times. Use whichever brand you prefer.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips- I cannot stock enough chocolate chips in my house. I like Hershey's or Nestle. Buy in bulk if you can. I store mine in mason jars.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
The Best Brownies In the WORLD!!!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Line your pan with parchment paper. I find wetting it gets it more pliable.
- Melt the butter and unsweetened chocolate together over low heat in a medium saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and add the sugar. Stir well.
- Now add your eggs and vanilla, stirring until it’s smooth.
- Add chocolate chips, flour and salt. Stir until well blended.
- Pour into pan and place in oven. I always tap my pan to get out any bubbles and make it even.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, toothpick inserted should come out clean when done.
- Remove and cool on a rack.
- Serve with a smile.
You can use my recipe for vanilla salt. You can substitute regular salt. But the vanilla one has so much more flavour so I prefer it. It's easy to make. You should give it a try. You'll thank me once you realize how good it is, and how easy it is to make!
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.
Note about the best brownies in the world:
- Original post was published on August 7, 2011
- Photos updated on March 4, 2014
- Video was added in August 2017.
- Post last updated on March 11, 2020.