How to make your own vanilla oats. This DIY recipe is super easy to make and is perfect for baking or making oatmeal.
Okay I am about to drive you crazy but hey, what are lunatics for right?! I need to put these all in separate posts for a reason. Feel free to read them all or just skim them. Up to you. I mean I would read them as I think I am fascinating but that’s just me.
So here is another experiment for you. This is cool and would work really well for cookies and bars. I just love this one. The inspiration is again from Paula Deen’s magazine. But this idea was mine, all mine. I have visions of myself a bit like Jekyll and Hyde right now. Not sure if that’s a good thing. I also have an overwhelming desire to flip a giant switch and laugh.
Enjoy folks. I know I am going to. Cookies on the horizon with vanilla scented and flavoured oats. Aw, it’s like heaven in a little container.
- 1 and 1/2 cups oats
- 2 vanilla beans
Pour your oats in an air tight container.
Slice open you beans and scrape out the paste and mix into the oats by hand.
Then stick the whole beans in the container with the oats and leave sit in a dark spot for a few days.
Use in any baked goods you would like.
More Great DIY Recipes:
- Vanilla Brown Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Vanilla Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Old Fashioned Pink Popcorn from Cravings of a Lunatic