How to make your own vanilla oats. This DIY recipe is super easy to make and is perfect for baking or making oatmeal.
Okay I am about to drive you crazy but hey, what are lunatics for right?! I need to put these all in separate posts for a reason. Feel free to read them all or just skim them. Up to you. I mean I would read them as I think I am fascinating but that’s just me.
So here is another experiment for you. This is cool and would work really well for cookies and bars. I just love this one. The inspiration is again from Paula Deen’s magazine. But this idea was mine, all mine. I have visions of myself a bit like Jekyll and Hyde right now. Not sure if that’s a good thing. I also have an overwhelming desire to flip a giant switch and laugh.
Enjoy folks. I know I am going to. Cookies on the horizon with vanilla scented and flavoured oats. Aw, it’s like heaven in a little container.
- 1 and ½ cups oats
- 2 vanilla beans
- Pour your oats in an air tight container.
- Slice open you beans and scrape out the paste and mix into the oats by hand.
- Then stick the whole beans in the container with the oats and leave sit in a dark spot for a few days.
- Use in any baked goods you would like.
More Great DIY Recipes:
- Vanilla Brown Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Vanilla Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Old Fashioned Pink Popcorn from Cravings of a Lunatic