How to make your own vanilla oats. This DIY recipe is super easy to make and is perfect for baking or making oatmeal.
Okay I am about to drive you crazy but hey, what are lunatics for right?! I need to put these all in separate posts for a reason. Feel free to read them all or just skim them. Up to you. I mean I would read them as I think I am fascinating but that's just me.
So here is another experiment for you. This is cool and would work really well for cookies and bars. I just love this one. The inspiration is again from Paula Deen's magazine. But this idea was mine, all mine. I have visions of myself a bit like Jekyll and Hyde right now. Not sure if that's a good thing. I also have an overwhelming desire to flip a giant switch and laugh.
Enjoy folks. I know I am going to. Cookies on the horizon with vanilla scented and flavoured oats. Aw, it's like heaven in a little container.
- 1 and ½ cups oats
- 2 vanilla beans
- Pour your oats in an air tight container.
- Slice open you beans and scrape out the paste and mix into the oats by hand.
- Then stick the whole beans in the container with the oats and leave sit in a dark spot for a few days.
- Use in any baked goods you would like.
More Great DIY Recipes:
- Vanilla Brown Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Vanilla Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Old Fashioned Pink Popcorn from Cravings of a Lunatic
More Great Vanilla Flavoured Recipes:
- Roasted Strawberry Parfaits with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Strawberries from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chilled Bourbon-Vanilla Latte from The Food Network
- Vanilla Cupcakes from Leite’s Culinaria
Thanks for visiting today!
Check out my recipe index for more amazing recipes. You can find more fruit recipes and tons of summer recipes.
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.
Ooooh, this would make oatmeal in the morning a lot more exciting. And without additional sugar or caloric stuff. YAY!
Love all your vanilla scented items!! I have done vanilla sugar before - but not oats or salt or brown sugar - great idea!
@Lindsey- Never thought of that but that's a perfect idea. Hope you try it out.
@Erin- I got carried away. Can you tell I have serious OCD? lol
Wickedly yummy awesomeness!!!
Sounds very nice.
Oh this brings oats to whole new level! Definitely going to try this one out!
@Peggy- Thank you. Hope you enjoy!