How to make vanilla sugar. This quick and easy DIY recipe is the perfect way to make vanilla flavoured sugar.
Hey folks, sick of me yet. Trust me there’s a method to my madness. Of course it’s top secret and if I tell you well then I have to dress up like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible and hunt you down. And I just honestly don’t have time for all that.
So another experiment. This one is also inspired by Miss Paula Deen. Such a cool chick. That lady can cook her butt off.
This recipe for vanilla flavoured sugar is incredibly easy to make. You can make huge batches of it and give it away as gifts.
People love getting DIY recipes for the holidays. You can dress them up with fancy ribbons and really make the packaging beautiful.
Every year I give big jars of this to my family and friends. It’s a bit of a tradition. I’ve been doing it for years. It makes the perfect homemade gift.
I use this is almost all my baking recipes. Brownies, cupcakes, cheesecakes, you name it and I use this sugar in it. I keep massive jars of it in my pantry.
Every time I decide to bake I haul out a jar of vanilla sugar. I find it infuses such a nice flavour in all my baking. I love using vanilla extract too but this sugar is my favourite.
I also make vanilla salt, brown sugar and oats. I’m addicted to making homemade sugar and salts. It’s so much fun to make and the aroma is freaking incredible.
Whip up a batch or ten today!!
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 vanilla beans
- Method 1- Scrape out the paste and pop it in your food processor with the sugar to combine. Store in an air tight container.
- Method 2- Stick 2 beans in a container with some sugar for a few days.
- Method 3- combine method 1 and 2.
- I used method 3. Wish we had smell-o-internet.
More Great DIY Recipes:
- Vanilla Brown Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Oats from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Homemade Vanilla Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Cherry Extract from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Salt from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Meyer Lemon Sugar from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Old Fashioned Pink Popcorn from Cravings of a Lunatic
More Great Vanilla Flavoured Recipes:
- Roasted Strawberry Parfaits with Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream with Strawberries from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Vanilla Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chilled Bourbon-Vanilla Latte from The Food Network
- Vanilla Cupcakes from Leite’s Culinaria
Thanks for visiting today!
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.