This is so over the top indulgent it should be a crime. Luckily for all of us it’s not. Instead it’s an insanely good recipe for Chocolate Covered Bacon that will blow your skirt up!
Seriously man, this stuff should be illegal. It’s so wildly addictive I had to go out and buy new pants. I burst the seams on my pants from Chocolate Covered Bacon overload. And I don’t even care!
Normally I’m not a fan of sweet combined with savoury, but this, oh man, this breaks all my food rules. It’s so wickedly good I can’t get enough of it. I even ate a bunch cold out of the fridge. Which flies in the face of my food rule #1078 which states “never eat cold food that is only meant to be eaten hot”. I don’t care. I ate it any way. And I ate bunches of it. Shoved it all in my bacon pie hole. With a big bacon smile on my face. Bacon!
Yes I know it can clog my arteries. I’ll eat a salad tomorrow. Today it’s more bacon. Bacon!
Want to make some? Ya, you know you do. It’s easy peasy and chocolate covered sleazy! Bacon!
Chocolate Covered Candied Bacon #BaconMonth
- 1 pound of bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed (very important they are rimmed) cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut your bacon in half, this is optional, it's just easier to work with when you do this.
- Pour brown sugar on a plate or a container big enough to fit bacon into.
- Take each slice of bacon and dunk both sides in the sugar. Lay the pieces on the parchment as you go, making sure they don't touch.
- Pop the cookie sheet (one at a time for even cooking) in the oven and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes depending how light or dark you like your bacon. You can flip halfway through if desired.
- Take the pan out of the oven and repeat with second cookie sheet.
- In a double boiler (bottom filled with water, top is used for chocolate, or you can use a heat proof bowl) melt your chocolate till it's smooth.
- Allow to cook slightly.
- Remove your second cookie sheet with bacon. Do not wander off and forget it's in there. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.
- Now line two more cookie sheets or cutting boards with new parchment.
- Peel the bacon off the cookie sheets one at a time and dunk the long edge of the bacon in the melted chocolate.
- Lay pieces on the new parchment.
- Allow chocolate to set. (good luck with this step!!!)
- Serve with a big old chocolatey bacon smile! burp
Yeppers, this stuff should be illegal. I am SO thankful it’s not. If you’ve never tried this you are missing out. It’s decadent and over the top. Just the way I like my recipes.
Be sure to tune in every Saturday during the month of August for more of my contributions to Bacon Month. I’m having a blast!
Visit my Bacon Round Up for lots of bacon inspiration!
For more Bacon Month goodness please visit the links below. Lots of great bacon inspiration.
‘); // ]]>
Toodles and Bacon smoochies! xx