This Chocolate Covered Candied Bacon recipe is so indulgent and over the top that it should be a crime. Luckily for all of us it's not.
Instead it's an insanely good recipe for Chocolate Covered Bacon that will blow your skirt up! Not even kidding, it's THAT good!
Seriously man, this stuff should be illegal. It's so wildly addictive I had to go out and buy new pants. I burst the seams on my pants from Chocolate Covered Bacon overload. And I don't even care!
Normally I'm not a fan of sweet combined with savoury, but this breaks all my food rules. It's so wickedly good I can't get enough of it.
I even ate a bunch cold out of the fridge. Which flies in the face of my food rule #1078 which states "never eat cold food that is only meant to be eaten hot".
Honestly, I don't care. I ate it any way. And I ate bunches of it. Shoved it all in my bacon pie hole. With a big smile on my face.
Yes I know it can clog my arteries. I'll eat a salad tomorrow. Maybe.
Want to make some? Ya, you know you do. It's easy peasy and chocolate covered bacon but not greasy.
Make it for a snack or dessert, I don't care. Just make it and let me know what you think of it.
More Bacon Recipes:
- Candied Maple Bacon
- Potato and Bacon Breakfast Hash
- Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Bacon Jam
- Grilled Burger with Caramelized Onions, Mozzarella and Bacon
- Mini Potato Skins with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Beer Brats with Drunken Peppers and Onions
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Chocolate Covered Candied Bacon
- 1 pound bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed (very important they are rimmed) cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut your bacon in half, this is optional, it's just easier to work with when you do this.
- Pour brown sugar on a plate or a container big enough to fit bacon into.
- Take each slice of bacon and dunk both sides in the sugar. Lay the pieces on the parchment as you go, making sure they don't touch.
- Pop the cookie sheet (one at a time for even cooking) in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes depending how light or dark you like bacon. You can flip halfway through if desired.
- Take the pan out of the oven and repeat with second cookie sheet.
- In a double boiler (bottom filled with water, top is used for chocolate, or you can use a heat proof bowl) melt your chocolate till it's smooth.
- Allow to cook slightly.
- Remove your second cookie sheet with bacon. Do not wander off and forget it's in there. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.
- Now line two more cookie sheets or cutting boards with new parchment.
- Peel the bacon off the cookie sheets one at a time and dunk the long edge of the bacon in the melted chocolate.
- Lay pieces on the new parchment.
- Allow chocolate to set. (good luck with this step!!!)
- Serve with a big old chocolatey bacon smile! burp
Thanks for visiting today!