This Chocolate Covered Candied Bacon recipe is so indulgent and over the top that it should be a crime. Luckily for all of us it's not.
Instead it's an insanely good recipe for Chocolate Covered Bacon that will blow your skirt up! Not even kidding, it's THAT good!
Seriously man, this stuff should be illegal. It's so wildly addictive I had to go out and buy new pants. I burst the seams on my pants from Chocolate Covered Bacon overload. And I don't even care!
Normally I'm not a fan of sweet combined with savoury, but this breaks all my food rules. It's so wickedly good I can't get enough of it.
I even ate a bunch cold out of the fridge. Which flies in the face of my food rule #1078 which states "never eat cold food that is only meant to be eaten hot".
Honestly, I don't care. I ate it any way. And I ate bunches of it. Shoved it all in my bacon pie hole. With a big smile on my face.
Yes I know it can clog my arteries. I'll eat a salad tomorrow. Maybe.
Want to make some? Ya, you know you do. It's easy peasy and chocolate covered bacon but not greasy.
Make it for a snack or dessert, I don't care. Just make it and let me know what you think of it.
More Bacon Recipes:
- Candied Maple Bacon
- Potato and Bacon Breakfast Hash
- Jalapeno Bacon Poppers
- Grilled Caesar Salad
- Bacon Jam
- Grilled Burger with Caramelized Onions, Mozzarella and Bacon
- Mini Potato Skins with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Beer Brats with Drunken Peppers and Onions
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Chocolate Covered Candied Bacon
- 1 pound bacon
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed (very important they are rimmed) cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut your bacon in half, this is optional, it's just easier to work with when you do this.
- Pour brown sugar on a plate or a container big enough to fit bacon into.
- Take each slice of bacon and dunk both sides in the sugar. Lay the pieces on the parchment as you go, making sure they don't touch.
- Pop the cookie sheet (one at a time for even cooking) in the oven and cook for about 10 minutes depending how light or dark you like bacon. You can flip halfway through if desired.
- Take the pan out of the oven and repeat with second cookie sheet.
- In a double boiler (bottom filled with water, top is used for chocolate, or you can use a heat proof bowl) melt your chocolate till it's smooth.
- Allow to cook slightly.
- Remove your second cookie sheet with bacon. Do not wander off and forget it's in there. Been there, done that, have the t-shirt.
- Now line two more cookie sheets or cutting boards with new parchment.
- Peel the bacon off the cookie sheets one at a time and dunk the long edge of the bacon in the melted chocolate.
- Lay pieces on the new parchment.
- Allow chocolate to set. (good luck with this step!!!)
- Serve with a big old chocolatey bacon smile! burp
Thanks for visiting today!
If you’re looking for more Bacon Recipes be sure to check out my recipe index. You can also find a lot more Snack Recipes as well.
Be sure to follow me on Pinterest while you’re here. I love pinning great recipes! Also, make sure you follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date with the blog.
Abbe@This is How I Cook
Kim, this looks great! And I want you to know that I did do a BLT using the candied bacon and your tomatoes. Scrumptious! Check it out!
Maureen | Orgasmic Chef
I don't know if I can get my head around chocolate bacon but I'd love to give it a try.
I was very against it. Like full on disdain. Till I tasted it. Lol! It's insanely good. And this is coming from the pickiest eater on the face of the planet.
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Wow, this is amazing! New pants? Heck, too much of this and I'd need an entirely new wardrobe! Terrific stuff - you've taken candied bacon to a new height. Now, how are you going to top this? 😉
Sounds and looks so good, but it's something I would never eat. Thanks anyhow, Kim.
Ha, I love you Liz. That cracked me up. I honestly really thought people were nuts for doing this. Like who would eat this stuff. Ya, then I tried it. Making faces as I took my first bite. Then I inhaled an entire pound in one sitting. Lol. I cannot get over how good it is. Or that I actually liked it. I'm normally a very picky and reserved eat with lots of "food rules". I'm shocked how much I like it. Who knew.
Joan@Chocolate and More
Um, I love you! That is all. Well not all, I just ran and got a pound of bacon out of the freezer. Chocolate Covered bacon for breakfast, I can see it now!
Sandra | Sandra's Easy Cooking
I love both, and I did actually saw chocolate bars with bacon. I don't know if i could eat it but would love to be nutty and give it a try 😀 Looks delish though
Well they do put bacon bits on top of salads 😉
Valerie | From Valerie's Kitchen
Haha...how did I miss this? This is just so you, Kim 🙂 Sweet and amazing! Love it.