This Buffalo Chicken Dip is packed with cheese, hot sauce, and chicken for the perfect game day dip. Grab tortilla chips and start dipping!
Nothing beats Buffalo Chicken Dip for game day, or your own Super Bowl party. This recipe is really simple to make, packed with flavour, and always gets rave reviews.
I wanted this recipe to be something you could whip up for game day, or just a lazy day watching Netflix.
Admit it, we all binge watch TV these days. So munchies are important.
You can garnish this with chives or green onions if you like. I also recommend buying loads of veggies to dip in this tasty appetizer recipe.
I'll admit it, I'm a gal who likes her cheese dip very dark. I'm a big fan of that caramelization that happens when you cook it just a bit longer. It's that magical moment for me.
Not everyone likes it that way though, so I always make mine is small cast iron pans so I can make a light batch for the boring people in my family.
Then, I make a dark batch for the exciting people in my family. People like me. *grins*
But you do you, boo!
- Chicken - Rotisserie chicken works perfectly in this recipe but feel free to cook chicken breasts from scratch if you prefer. I used cooked chicken to save time.
- Hot Sauce - Use whatever brand of buffalo sauce or hot sauce you love. Everyone has a favourite.
- Spices - This one was kept simple with only smoked paprika but you could totally go crazy with onion powder, garlic powder, or any spice you love.
- Cheese - For this recipe, I used cream cheese and mozzarella cheese. You can use cheddar cheese if you prefer.
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Chop up the chicken into smaller pieces.
- Add the chicken to a cast iron skillet or baking dish and cook on the stovetop to brown the meat slightly. Stir frequently.
- Now, add the hot sauce and smoked paprika and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine cream cheese, chicken mixture and half of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to a new cast iron pan or use the one you cooked the chicken in. Then sprinkle with remaining cheese. Place the skillet or pan in the preheated oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on how you like your cheese.
- Carefully remove from oven.
- You can serve it in the skillet or pan you baked it in. Or transfer to another serving dish.
What to Serve with Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Tortilla Chips - They really are the best thing to use for dipping, in my humble opinion.
- Celery Sticks - Cut up some celery to dunk into this easy buffalo chicken dip.
- Carrot Sticks - Use baby carrots or cut up carrots into sticks. Either work well.
- Crackers - There is a vast array of delicious crackers on the market. They work really well for dipping.
- Potato Chips - Thick cut potato chips are best for dipping but use whatever you love.
- Breadsticks - We actually love use soft homemade breadsticks for dipping. You can even twist bacon around them before cooking and dunking.
- Crusty Bread - Nothing beats a delicious crusty bread broken into large pieces for dunking into dip.
- Bell Peppers - Slice up your favourite colour of bell peppers. We love red because they are sweeter.
How to Store Buffalo Chicken Dip:
- Store the leftover Buffalo chicken dip in an airtight container.
- You can store it in the fridge for about 3 to 5 days.
- Or you can store it in the freezer for about a month.
How to Reheat Dip:
- Personally, I like reheating it in the oven. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Transfer dip to skillet or pan and cover with foil. Place in oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove and serve.
- You can also reheat it in the microwave. Transfer the dip to a microwave safe bowl or baking dish. Place in the microwave and heat for 1 to 2 minutes, depending on how much you are reheating. I recommend stirring every 30 seconds when using the microwave.
More Game Day Recipes:
- Bacon Jam
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Beer Brats with Drunken Peppers and Onions
- Sheet Pan Sausage and Peppers
- Root Beer Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Chicken Wings
- Pizza Dip
- Lasagna Dip
- Mustard Dipping Sauces
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic
Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Pinterest
Instagram ~ YouTube ~ Kiss My Smoke
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 pound rotisserie chicken shredded
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
- tortilla chips, celery, carrots, crackers, potato chips, breadsticks, crusty bread, peppers, or anything else you love to dunk with
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a skillet, sprayed with non-stick spray, brown the shredded chicken for a few minutes to crisp the edges just a bit. It should only take about 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat. Keep it moving to keep it from sticking. Add the hot sauce and smoked paprika, cook just long enough to incorporate the sauce and spice into the chicken, about 2 to 3 minutes at most. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl (I use my stand mixer for this) combine the cream cheese, chicken mixture, and half of the mozzarella cheese. Mix until combined.
- Pour into cast iron pans (I spray mine really well with non-stick spray) or a casserole dish. Cover with remaining half of the mozzarella cheese. Place in oven and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. If you like yours dark you can cook it for a bit longer.
- This is best when it's eaten hot out of the oven with lots of fun things to dip into it.
- Serve with a big old cheesy smile!
Thanks for visiting today!
Check out my recipe index for more amazing recipes. You can find more grilling recipes and tons of summer recipes.
While you’re here please take a minute to follow me on Pinterest. I’m always pinning great recipes and fun DIY projects.
You should also follow me on Instagram. It’s a great way to stay up to date on all the latest and greatest blog recipes.
Buffalo chicken dip is my favorite! When I see it at parties I'm all over it!
Who can blame you, it's so darn good. I freaking love this stuff.
Miranda @ Cookie Dough & Oven Mitt
Oh my! I cannot tell you how much I love buffalo chicken anything. This dip sounds fan-stinkin'tastic! I would and could sit down and eat an entire pan of this stuff!
Thanks Miranda. I concur, I can't get enough of this dip. It's amazing.
Heather / girlichef
ha ha ha, you're so kind to make separate batches for the boring people. I do that sometimes too...even though I'm tempted to tell them "learn to love it, or you lose". 😉 This dip and these cracker chips are a win all around, though. I could eat one of those little skillets-ful all by my lonesome. Right now.
p.s...I don't think I've told you this yet, but I adore your new logo!
Boring people sure are annoying right. Always busy being boring & stuff. Irritating. ha
Thanks. I can't wait to see what she does with Kiss My Smoke.
LOOK AT THAT CHEESE!!!! Epic dip, Kim. For serious. Also, really digging the new logo!
Thanks Samantha. On both counts. Hope you've been well. We should catch up one day.
Cynthia/What A Girl Eats
This has my name all over it! It's low cal right? 😛
Ha, totally. I fully believe if you close your eyes while you eat anything the calories will not count.
Angie | Big Bear's Wife
SO I'm totally not sure when you re-did the blog because I'm a bad friend but I had to do a double take when it opened up haha! Love it! Oh and onto this dip, I'm pretty much going to need to make this for the weekend!
Ha, no, not at all. I'm barely posting these days so it would be easy to not notice. I'll forgive you cuz I love ya. Ha ha ha
I'd just like to plant my whole face in that dip!
Ha, I think you should, then take a photo of it for me. Lol!
I LOVE your new look!!! Congratulations---I know you've wanted this for ages and it's beautiful!!!
P.S. Your dip looks amazing, too!!!
Thanks Liz. It's been so much fun.
We have to make this when we hang out.
Carol at Wild Goose Mama
Love the new look! Love this recipe. So simple. So potentially popular!
Olivia - Primavera Kitchen
OMG that a great dip!! This cheesy dip looks AMAZING!! I love these chips 😉
Thanks so much Olivia.
Kristi @ Inspiration Kitchen
I love Pepperidge Farm products and I have to tell you - that is one amazing looking dip! Yum!
Old Fat Guy
I would never have thought to put chicken in a dip but this looks great. Nice photography as well.
The Old Fat Guy
Sandra @ A Dash of Sanity
Oh this sounds like perfection!! I love a good buffalo recipe and this dip is right up my alley. I could just eat it for dinner. 😉 Pinning, Stumbling and Yumming
This is one of the best chicken recipes ever. It’s very tasteful and beautiful to play. Thanks for the recipe.
Thank you so much. So happy your liked it.