So easy to make, this candied bacon is maple flavoured. Sweet, and salty, it’s sheer perfection.
This sweet and salty snack is perfect for parties and brunches. I tend to make it on holidays. It’s a nice treat, plus it’s super easy to make. My family and I just love this stuff. We cannot get enough of it.
Candied bacon is seriously addictive. Once you start eating it you’ll never want to stop. Trust me, I speak from experience. The day I made this I think I ate my body weight in bacon. Not even kidding.
I went on a bacon making rampage recently. I made Bacon Jam which was so much fun. That bacon jam recipe will blow your mind! It is great over toast, added to grilled cheese sandwiches, and perfect slathered over roasts.
For my other blog, Kiss My Smoke, I made Charred Skillet Corn with Bacon, and Bacon-wrapped Sausages. Both were life changing recipes. Okay, so maybe not life changing, but certainly good enough to go back for thirds. So that’s pretty impressive, right.
I knew when I joined Bacon Month that I was going to have to make some amazing candied bacon. Being a Canuck it’s a pretty easy leap to maple flavouring. I mean it’s not like we have our own tree to tap, but it’s certainly pretty easy to procure maple syrup in these parts.
So I whipped up some quick and easy Candied Maple Bacon. Then I ate the whole batch. Then realized I hadn’t taken any photos. So I had to make another batch. By then I was really hungry so I had to eat that batch too. By batch 5 I knew I should probably stop chowing down long enough to snap a couple of photos.
I should feel bad about my bacon rampage but I really don’t. With Bacon Month is full swing I’m just being proactive and getting all my posts organized. I’m behaving. While not. The irony.
Whip some of this up for yourself. You will thank me. Your waistline might not. But you will.
Places to stalk Cravings of a Lunatic!
Candied Maple Bacon
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Line two rimmed cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop the brown sugar into a shallow long pan.
- Pour the maple sugar into another shallow long pan.
- Take each strip of bacon and dunk it into the maple syrup, then the brown sugar. Place each strip on the cookie sheets.
- Place in the preheated oven and cook for about 15 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Check the bacon and if it's how you like it remove from the oven. If you like yours a bit crispier you can add 5 minutes or so. Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Pull each piece off the parchment paper and place on a plate to cool. If you can resist it that long.
- Serve with a big old maple smile!
Bacon Month rages on. Week one is coming to a close, with week two getting ready to hit the blogosphere. Bacon recipes all month long. It’s a bacon lovers dream.
Be sure to check out my Bourbon Bacon Jam, pictured below!
I also made this Charred Skillet Corn with Bacon, pictured below!
I am loving Bacon Month. Hope you are too!
Toodles and smoochies! xx